Boho Blue Science Card Gatefold Swing Card
A Boho Blue Science Card showcases the new In-Color Boho Blue, matching designer series paper (DSP) AND the cool Gatefold Swing fun fold! Here’s how to make a one of these bubbly monochromatic cards with the It’s A Science stamp set and a 2023-2025 In-Color.
If you haven’t tried this style of fun fold, I highly recommend it! What a fantastic way to pop up a feature on your card front.
And don’t you love these colors together? These new In-Colors are perfect for color coordination! With the array of InColor products that Stampin’ Up offers, it’s easy to master the art of color coordination!
Want to save these ideas for later? Pin them to your favorite Pinterest board.
This fun fold is easier than it looks, and can be used for almost any stamp set!
See below for how to create a Gatefold Swing Boho Blue Science Card:
How to make this Boho Blue Science Card:
Cut your cardstock:
- Daffodil Delight: 8-1/2” x 5-1/2”, scored at 2-1/8” and at 4-1/4”
- Boho Blue Luster Specialty Paper: (2) 5-1/4” x 1-7/8”
- Boho Blue DSP: (2) 5” x 1-5/8”
- Basic White:
- 4” x 5-1/4” for the inside
- 3-1/4” x 3-1/4” for front image, (2) 2” x 1/2” for swing
- Scrap for inside clipboard
Create the card “inside”:
- With Boho Blue, stamp the chemical along the right side. Adhere it down to the inside of your card base.
- Next, stamp the clipboard on a scrap of basic white cardstock, and then stamp the sentiment in Boho Blue ink in the center. Color in the clipboard with Boho Blue and Daffodil Delight.
- Lastly, fussy cut it out and adhere it to the right side of the inside of the card using dimensionals. This will hold the card front open when folded!
Create the Swing:
- Attach each of the DSP strips to each of the Luster Specialty Paper. Fold each of the white strips in half, and put adhesive on one half. Then attach the adhesive part to the back of each of the DSP layers at about the middle points, one sticking out on the left and the other sticking out on the right. Now adhere these down to the front of your card base, with the white strips in the center of your front at the score line.
- On your basic white square, stamp the four bottles in the middle using black ink. Color the liquid in using Boho Blue Stampin’ Blends.
- Then use Boho Blue ink to stamp your sentiment at the bottom below the bottles and some of the bubble above the bottles. Lastly, add some adhesive to the tops of the white strips sticking out from the DSP layers and press the bottle piece down.
Supplies for a Boho Blue Science Birthday Card:
Thanks for joining me in my Craft Closet today! I hope you enjoyed learning how to make this card. Subscribe to my Stampin Newsletter and get notified about FREE online craft classes, tutorials, freebies, and more! (It’s FREE!)
How about making a few similar projects with the new In-Colors? Click on the images below to find the tutorials!