Graduation Dog Paper Pumpkin Alternative December 2022
This Graduation Dog card is a Paper Pumpkin alternative made with the December 2022 kit and a Scottie dog punch! Create a celebration!
Paper Pumpkin kits are my favorite way to relax and create something at the same time. Normally you don’t need to add additional supplies to the kit, so it’s a great option for beginner stampers. But as most months, I wanted to create some alternatives to the kit!
To do this, I added some coordinating cardstock. I chose the blue DSP included in this months kit and paired a light blue and an In-Color cardstock for a fun graduation card!
Additionally, the alternative cards you make with this kit (and the fun DSP included) can be given along with a matching gift card box!
Why not grab your Paper Pumpkin kit and mix it up a bit?
See below for how to create this Graduation Dog Paper Pumpkin Alternative Card:
How to make a Graduation Scottie Dog Card:
Cut your cardstock:
- Balmy Blue: 8-1/2” x 5-1/2”, folded at 4-1/4”
- Tahitian Tide:
- 3-1/8” x 5-3/4”
- 2-1/4” x 3-1/2”
- Crushed Curry: scrap for the scottie dog punch
- The Blue graduation-style wrap DSP from the kit: cut to 5-1/4” (which is right on the score mark)
Make your layers:
- Adhere the blue graduation DSP to the large piece of Tahitian Tide, and adhere this to your card front.
- On one of the extra pieces with yellow stars in the kit, stamp your sentiment. Then adhere this to the smaller piece of Tahitian Tide. Wrap some twine around the edge and then use dimensionals to attach the whole piece to your card front.
- Lastly, punch out a scottie dog with a punch and Crushed Curry cardstock and a bow from the Tahitian Tide (Or the extra piece of DSP!). Glue the graduation hat to it’s head and adhere all this with dimensionals to the card front.
Supplies for a Graduation Scottie Dog Card:
Thanks for joining me in my Craft Closet today! I hope you enjoyed learning how to make this card, and if you always want to be ahead of card making and crafty techniques, tips, and ideas, subscribe to my Stampin Newsletter !
How about making a few more paper pumpkin alternatives? Click on the images below to find the tutorials!