Ship in a Bottle Barn Door Card July Paper Pumpkin Alternative
This Ship in a Bottle Barn Door card made me happy to make. I think this fun fold alternative added a little mystery behind the bottle in the Paper Pumpkin July 2022 kit, Sending Good Thoughts. The directions are below!
Who doesn’t love a fun-fold card? They add interest to your card, add a fun element for your receiver, can feature a specific piece, and so many are easy to make!
These Paper Pumpkin kits are all-inclusive, which means they show up to your door with EVERYTHING you need to make great projects. Everything includes ink, adhesive, all the die-cuts, all the paper, and directions.
Sometimes when I am making alternative creations from those directions, I only use what’s in the kit. Today, on the other hand, I made my own card base because I needed a different size to accommodate the fun fold!
But don’t worry! The card base is still a standard size that’s easy to make.
See below for how to create a Ship in a Bottle Barn Door Card:
How to make a Ship in a Bottle Barn Door Card:
Cut your cardstock:
- Bermuda Bay cardstock
- 11” x 4 1/4”, scored at 5 1/2”
- Adhere the embossed ocean to your card front
- Then make a 5 1/2” cut across your card front at 2 1/8”.
Create the Barn Door Fun Fold:
- Adhere the TOP flap to the inside of your card. This leaves the bottom flap to swing open like a barn door.
- Next, create your bottle. Stamp the ship inside the bottle die-cut, then stamp the sentiment on the banner die-cut and tie it with the linen thread around the bottle neck.
- Add adhesive dots to the bottom half of the bottle and stick it to the top of your barn door. Make sure your adhesive isn’t above your flap or it will stick to the top half, too!
- Use dimensionals to add a couple seagulls to the top of your card front.
- Lastly, cut a white piece of cardstock to 5 1/4” x 2”, stamp the stars, and adhere it to the inside of your card.
Supplies for this Ship in a Bottle Barn Door Paper Pumpkin Alternative Card:
Thanks for joining me in my Craft Closet today! I hope you enjoyed making this barn door fun-fold card, and if you always want to be ahead of card making and crafty techniques, tips, and ideas, subscribe to my Stampin Newsletter!
How about making a few similar projects? Click on the images below to find the tutorials!