Twisted Triple Layer Scottie Card
I’m sharing a tutorial today for a Twisted Triple Layer Scottie Card, which uses the Triple Layer stamping technique! See how easy and fun it is here!
I like using smaller stamps to create my own backgrounds, as I have shown how to do in this sympathy card tutorial and this repeated background card!
Triple Layer stamping is a great way to showcase your stamped backgrounds, too! Images can cross multiple layers with this layered technique, and really make your focal image pop.
TIP: Choosing color combos can be tricky. An easy way to make a card pop is to pair your favorite bright color with black and white!
If you love this dog set as much as I do, consider joining my upcoming virtual christmas-in-July stamp class! We’ll make 6 fun holiday cards together to get a jumpstart on the the season!
Want to see how the Triple Layer stamping looks before the twist? Check out this oldie but goodie triple layer tree card.
Additionally, add a little extra pizzazz by adding a twist! I’ll show you how to create this effect below! See below for how to create a Twisted Triple Layer Scottie Dog Card:
How to make this Scottie Dog Twisted Triple Layer Card:
Cut your cardstock:
- Real Red
- 8 1/2” x 5 1/2” folded at 4 1/4” for your cardbase
- 4 1/2” x 3 1/4”
- 3 1/2” x 2 1/4”
- Basic White
- 4” x 5 1/4”
- 3” x 4 1/4”
- 2” x 3 1/4”
Twist and Stamp 🎶:
- Take your three pieces of white cardstock and layer them with the smallest on top. Then twist the middle and top one at angles, ensuring each are still within the sides of the largest one.
- With black ink, stamp your Scottie dog on the smallest layer, as well as the sentiment. Move this to the side.
- Add a few small pieces of Washi tape to your layers, or some temporary adhesive to the back of the layers, to keep them from moving while stamping.
- Next, stamp bows randomly with Real Red ink. Go over the edges of the layers!
Mat your layers:
- To complete the look, mat each of these white layers on the matching Red pieces. This means that your larges white layer is adhered to your card front, and the other two stamped pieces is adhered to the other Red pieces.
- Before you adhere your top two layers down, make sure they are “twisted” to match your stamping before you adhere it down!
Supplies for a Twisted Triple Layer card with a Scottie Dog:
Thanks for joining me in my Craft Closet today! I hope you enjoyed learning how to make this card. Subscribe to my Stampin Newsletter and get notified about FREE online craft classes, tutorials, freebies, and more! (It’s FREE!)
How about making a few similar projects? Triple Layer cards are even easier with DSP! Click on the images below to find the tutorials!