No Line Watercoloring Fruit Card Paper Pumpkin Alternative June 2022
A No line Watercoloring Fruit Card is my next Paper Pumpkin alternative! I love this technique and it was perfect with the strawberries and blueberries in the Pick of the Crop June 2022 kit.
Never do you need to add additional supplies to the kit, so Paper Pumpkin is a great option for beginner stampers. But for those of us with shelves of fun craft goodies, these monthly kits are also a great opportunity to partner with other materials we have!
Currently it is World Watercolor Month, and you don’t need to be an artist to do this no line watercoloring technique.
And most importantly, I am all about easy technique that look fancy!
Whether you’ve never tried this technique or just want to “brush up” (pun intended), grab your inks and water painters and let’s make this card!
See below for how to create a No Line Watercoloring Fruit Card:
How to make a No Line Watercoloring Paper Pumpkin alternative:
Cut your cardstock:
- Night of Navy: 8 1/2” x 5 1/2”, scored and folded at 4 1/4”
- The light blue tone from the card base included in the kit: 4” x 5 1/4”
- Watercolor paper: 3 1/2” x 4 3/4”
No Line Watercoloring:
- Using the strawberry and blueberry stamp in the kit, ink up your stamp with Gray Granite. Stamp off twice onto scrap paper. THEN stamp your fruit onto your watercolor paper.
- Repeat until you have the amount of fruit you want on your card front.
- Using your waterpainter (I used the medium tip), glide it along the Calypso Coral ink pad to pick up ink. Next, apply the ink to one of the strawberries and color in the fruit.
TIP: When watercoloring, always start on the image where you want the deepest color.
- Continue this watercoloring with the rest of the strawberries.
- Then repeat this Watercoloring process with the top of the strawberries using Garden Green ink and the blueberries using Night of Navy ink.
- Let your paper dry!
Stamp and Glue:
- Adhere your fruity watercolor paper to your light blue cardstock, and then adhere that to your cardbase.
- Stamp the sentiment on the die-cut banner included in the kit. Adhere this and the die-cut fruit from the kit with dimensionals to your card front.
Supplies for No Wine Watercoloring Fruit Card:
Thanks for joining me in my Craft Closet today! I hope you enjoyed learning the no line watercoloring technique. If you always want to be ahead of card making and crafty techniques, tips, and ideas, subscribe to my Stampin Newsletter!
How about making a few similar projects? Click on the images below to find the tutorials!