Growth Windowpanes Card – April Paper Pumpkin Alternative
A Growth Windowpanes Card is a fun alternative to make with the April Paper Pumpkin kit, Change is Beautiful. Beautiful things take time, yet this card is quick to make with these instructions.
It’s no secret that I love Paper Pumpkin kits. They have everything you need to create beautiful projects, so it’s great for beginner stampers, traveling, or for crafting with something you might not have otherwise chosen for yourself!
In this case, the April kit had lots of butterflies and flowers which are not in huge supply in my craft closet. But I loved how this kit focused not only on the flowers, but also the sprouts and buds that they came from!
Similarly, I liked the transition from caterpillar to chrysalis to butterfly, so I knew I wanted to make an alternative to the kit that emphasized that!
From the humble beginnings in the first windowpane, to the time of change in the second windowpane, to finally the third windowpane with the beautiful works of art, these paper pumpkin alternative cards are fun to make.
Adding only cardstock to this kit, see below for how to create a Flower Windowpane Growth Card:
How to make a Windowpane Growth Card:
Cut your cardstock:
- Basic Black: 8 1/2” x 5 1/2”, folded at 4 1/4”
- Basic White: 4” 5 1/4”
- 3 pieces from the kit card, each 1 5/8” x 3 7/8”. These will be your windowpanes showing growth!
Create the Growth Windowpanes:
- Adhere your three different windowpanes to your white card stock in three columns. I suggest sticking down the middle paper first to make the spacing easier.
- Next, adhere these to the Basic Black card base.
Add your sentiment and flower:
- With Melon Mambo ink (included in the kit), stamp your sentiment to the banner die-cut.
- Adhere a strip of the original kit card to the back of the sentiment. The reverse side is Bermuda Bay and looks great! Next, adhere this with dimensionals in the upper left corner.
- Lastly, add the large flower die-cut with dimensionals to the third windowpane.
Supplies for a Windowpane Growth Card:
Thanks for joining me in my Craft Closet today! I hope you enjoyed learning how to make this fun Paper Pumpkin alternative card, and if you always want to be ahead of card making and crafty techniques, tips, and ideas, subscribe to my Stampin Newsletter!
How about making a few similar projects? Click on the images below to find the tutorials!