Night and Day Shaker Cards April Paper Pumpkin Alternative
These Night and Day Shaker Cards are alternatives for the April Paper Pumpkin kit, Change is Beautiful. Whether you prefer the sun or the moon (or both!), the instructions are below.
When I saw the punch-out moon for one of the cards in this kit, I knew it would make a cute shaker card! Gold or silver sequins would help light up that night sky and transform the card to the next level.
To make these two card bases into a coordinating pair, I die cut out the sun to turn that into a shaker card, too!
Normally you don’t need to add additional supplies to the kit, so the monthly Paper Pumpkin kits are a great option for beginner stampers. But for those of us with some other papers or supplies, it’s a great opportunity to pair with those other materials we have!
See below for how to create Night and Day shaker cards:
How to make Night and Day shaker cards as alternatives for the Paper Pumpkin kit:
Cut your cardstock:
- Crushed Curry: 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″, folded at 4 1/4″.
- Window Sheet: 2 squares 3” x 3”
- Cut the card base with the moon and sun in half. Cut each of these into 4” x 5 1/4”. These will be the top layers for your two cards.
- Die-cut the sun out with a small circle. This will be the shaker hole.
- Sun Card:
- With Melon Mambo ink (included in the kit), stamp the butterfly.
- For the sentiment, place your sun layer over your Crushed Curry card base and stamp the sentiment in the hole.
- Moon Card:
- On a large cloud, stamp your sentiment with Melon Mambo ink.
- Punch out the moon and stars.
Make them shake:
- On the back of each layer, adhere the window sheets to cover the sun and moon.
- Then create a square using foam adhesive strips surrounding your shaker holes (the sun and moon). Ensure the corners all touch without gaps. Add a few more dimensionals at the corners.
- Sprinkle a small amount of sequins or glitter or confetti over the center of your cardbase front. Then, remove the adhesive backing and press it firmly down onto your cardbase.
- Shake it!
Supplies for Sun and Moon Shaker cards:
Thanks for joining me in my Craft Closet today! I hope you enjoyed learning how to make these cards, and if you always want to be ahead of card making and crafty techniques, tips, and ideas, subscribe to my Stampin Newsletter!
How about making a few similar projects? Click on the images below to find the tutorials!