Paper Piecing Relax Card with In The Moment stamps
A Paper Piecing Relax Card is easy to make for someone who needs this reminder. Combining the In The Moment stamps with paper-piecing lets you have a fun coloring scheme!
Paper piecing is a great technique to not only color in an image, but also to add some interest to your project!
Similarly, I made this card with the keyhole design to add that vacation vibe with some bonus fauna around the edges.
What do you think of this sentiment? It really spoke to me. Giving yourself time to recoup and grow allows you to have the energy and time in the future we want to give to others, and some of us need this reminder.
Do you like this stamp set? We’ll be using the In The Moments stamp set for my upcoming watercolor class! I’d love for you to join!
See below for how to create a Paper Pieced Relax card with a keyhole:
How to make a Paper Piecing Relax Card:
Cut your cardstock:
- Soft Succulent
- 8 1/2” x 5 1/2”, folded at 4 1/4” for a card base
- 5” x 3 3/4” for the top layer
- Cajun Craze
- 5 1/4” x 4” for the middle layer
- Basic White
- 3 3/4” x 3 3/4”
- Evening Evergreen scraps
- DSP (I used In The Wild paper) scraps
- Using Staz-on black ink, stamp the image once on the white piece, and once on the DSP. Fussy-cut the dress and hat out from the dsp and “paper-piece” them to the white piece with adhesive. Then color in the remaining parts of the image. See my supply list below for what at I used!
- Stamp the Relax sentiment at the bottom of the Soft Succulent layer. Die-cut a 2 1/2” circle from the top for the “keyhole.”
- Next, die-cut the Cajun Craze circle edge using the 2 1/2” circle as well as the next larger size.
Paper-saving tip: cut the Cajun Craze circle from the middle layer — the hole will be covered by the white stamped piece.
- Adhere the Cajun Craze circle around the keyhole made in the Soft Succulent layer, then adhere the stamped and colored piece to the back of it, ensuring the image is showing through.
- Next, glue this layer to the Cajun Craze layer and then attach that to your card base.
- Lastly, die-cut the fauna from Evening Evergreen scraps and adhere them to the front of your card.
Supplies for a Paper Piecing Relax Card:
Thanks for joining me in my Craft Closet today! I hope you enjoyed learning how to make this card. Subscribe to my Stampin Newsletter and get notified about FREE online craft classes, tutorials, freebies, and more! (It’s FREE!)
How about making a few similar projects? Click on the images below to find the tutorials!