Melt My Heart Ice Cream Valentine
This Melt My Heart Ice Cream Valentine card is perfect for a sweetheart or a galentine! Pink glimmer paper and ribbon and DSP, oh my!
Despite what we may be used to seeing, hearts are not required for a Valentine card!
This card, for example, features an ice cream cone — who doesn’t love ice cream?? It also reminds me of old-fashioned dates to get ice cream cones!
Pairing the marble DSP with the cone worked better than I envisioned, as if the ice cream was melting and swirling around.
What do you think of a bright pink paired with the different grey tones? And specifically bright pink GLIMMER paper!
See below for the steps to create this Melt My Heart Ice Cream Valentine:
How to make an Ice Cream Valentine:
Cut your cardstock:
- Smokey Slate
- 5 1/2” x 8 1/2”, folded at 4 1/4” for your cardbase.
- 3 3/4” x 5”
- Magenta Madness: 4” x 5 1/4”
- Marbleous Gray DSP: 3 3/4” x 5”, cut diagonally (save the other half for another project).
- With Magenta Madness, stamp your sentiment in the upper right corner of the Smokey Slate later. Adhere your Marbleous Gray DSP to the other corner.
- Next, glue your ribbon across the layer. Wrap it around the back to secure it. Then, adhere this layer to your Magenta Madness layer and lastly to your card base.
Create the Ice Cream Cone:
- Punch out the ice cream from the Rainbow Glimmer paper. I chose at the pink section.
- Punch out the cone from either a dark gray scrap or a piece of Marbleous DSP. Stamp the cone lines with Magenta Madness ink.
- GLastly, use dimensionals to attach your ice cream cone to the center of your card.
TIP: To wrap ribbon diagonally around a piece of cardstock, snip the corners!
Supplies for a Melt My Heart Ice Cream Valentine Card:
Thanks for joining me in my Craft Closet today! I hope you enjoyed creating this valentine, and if you want more card making techniques, tips, and ideas, subscribe to my Stampin Newsletter!
How about making a few other Valentine’s Day projects? Click on the images below to find the tutorials!