Cookies and Cocktails Holiday Card
A Cookies and Cocktails Holiday Card can be just what you need for the season! Forget the milk — Santa wants something a little stronger! See below for how to make this card.
One of my favorite parts of the christmas season is celebrating with friends and family. Baking cookies (especially gingerbread) and crafting cocktails has become an important part of the fun!
Utilizing three (yes THREE!) of my favorite stamp sets, this card is fun to put together and I can’t wait to send it.
Alternatively, this could also be a fun invitation for a holiday party! Smaller get-togethers have made small themes, like Cookies & Cocktails, fun to do!
This card has a more masculine feel, but would be perfect for the person in your life who enjoys the “finer” things at the holidays.
See below for how to create a Cookies and Cocktails Holiday card:
How to make a Cookies and Cocktails Holiday Card:
Cut your cardstock:
- Cinnamon Cider
- 8 1/2” x 5 1/2”, folded at 4 1/4”
- Scraps for the cookies
- Shaded Spruce
- 4” x 5 1/4”
- Scraps for cut-out words
- Basic White
- 3 7/8” x 5 1/8”
Stamp on your Basic White layer:
- With Shaded Spruce ink, stamp your holiday sentiment at the bottom, and then “Today’s plan: Consume:” in the upper left hand corner.
- With Cinnamon Cider ink, stamp the whiskey decanter. Then color in the liquid with your yellow blends markers.
Make your cookies — unbaked ha ha!:
- Die-cut the outer part of the cookies from Cinnamon Cider scraps, and die-cut the frosting from white scraps. Glue the frosting on to your cookies.
- Die-Cut “Cookies” and “Cocktails” and the ampersand (&) with your Shaded Spruce scraps. Adhere these to the upper right hand corner of your card.
Put it all together:
- Adhere your stamped white layer to your Shaded Spruce layer. Next adhere that to your card base at an angle.
- Lastly, adhere your two cookies down next to the decanter. Trim off any excess!
Supplies for a Holiday card with Cookies and Cocktails:
Thanks for joining me in my Craft Closet today! I hope you enjoyed making this holiday card, and if you always want to be ahead of card making and crafty techniques, tips, and ideas, subscribe to my Stampin Newsletter!
Do you want to make a few more cards with that Whiskey Business stamp set? Click on the images below to find the free tutorials!
Or if you are more partial to cookies and baking up some deliciousness, check out this free tutorial: