Full Moon Cat Card
This Full Moon Cat Card is for those of us whose tails start twitching for halloween as soon as the temperatures start dropping. It’ll be a cute halloween surprise in the mail.
When I saw this cute halloween stamp set, I knew it would pair well with my To The Moon set!
What’s halloween without a full moon??
For Halloween and Fall cards, I will more often use Very Vanilla cardstock in lieu of Basic White because it has a more subdued look — almost aged!
So for the background of this card, and the popped up pieces, we’ll use Very Vanilla!
See below for how to create a Card to celebrate the Full Moon Twitching Hour:
How to make a Full Moon Cat Card:
Cut your cardstock:
- Basic Black: 8 1/2” x 5 1/2”, folded at 4 1/4”
- Highland Heather: 4” x 5 1/4”
- Very Vanilla
- 3 7/8” x 5 1/8”
- Scraps for the cat and broom
- First, stamp your full moon using yellow ink on your large Vanilla layer. Towards the bottom of the layer, stamp your sentiment using Highland Heather ink. Then, stamp a couple of bats using black ink.
- On your scrap of Vanilla, stamp the cat using black ink and fussy cut it out. Then stamp your broom using yellow ink and brown ink. I masked to ensure both colors were on the broom without mixing. Then cut it out.
Put it all together:
- Adhere the Vanilla layer to your purple layer, and that to your black card base.
- Put a few mini dimensionals on the back of your cat and broom, and adhere both to your card front in front of the moon.
- Lastly, add a few star sequins!
Supplies for a Full Moon Cat Card:
Thanks for joining me in my Craft Closet today! Did you have fun making this Full Moon Cat Card for a cute halloween project? If you always want to be ahead of card making and crafty techniques, tips, and ideas, subscribe to my Stampin Newsletter! If you want to join my upcoming class using this Clever Cats stamp set, check it out here!
Love that full moon as much as I do? If you enjoy a night sky and want to make a few projects with it, click on the images below to find the tutorials!