Garden Birdhouses Fun Fold Welcome Card
A Garden Birdhouses Fun Fold Welcome Card is a great way to welcome someone new to your neighborhood. A fun color palate pairs with an easy fold. Read the steps here!
With a simple color palate, a project can have a larger impact. Here, three colors were chosen and used throughout the card, between the card stock chosen and the inks applied. Below, the supplies and specific colors are listed.
The Designer Series Paper (DSP) coordinates with the color palate I chose, but the Misty Moonlight one has a double bonus: it’s the same branch in the Garden Birdhouses stamp set!
TIP: When you can’t choose between DSPs for your card or project, use both, like we did with this Fun Fold Card!
This fun fold is perfect for this stamp set, but there are many others that would be great, too! And different DSPs would really change how it comes together.
See below for how to create a Birdhouse Fun Fold Welcome Card:
How to make a Birdhouse Fun Fold Welcome Card:
Cut your cardstock:
- Misty Moonlight
- 5 1/2” x 8 1/2”, scored at 2 1/8” and 4 1/4”.
- Cut diagonally from the 4 1/4” score mark to 3” below top.
- Granny Apple Green
- 4” x 5 1/4”
- (2) – 2” x 5 1/4”
- Trim these 2 strips to 1/8” shorter than the card base.
- Basic White
- 3 7/8” x 5 1/8”
- DSP (2 different designs)
- Green DSP – 1 7/8” x 5 1/4”
- Blue DSP – 1 7/8” x 5 1/4”
- Trim these to 1/8” shorter than your Green card stock.
- Using your favorite adhesive, adhere each DSP to their respective green card stock strips, and glue these to your card base. ENSURE THESE ARE ON THE FRONT OF THE FOLDS.
- Next, adhere the larger green layer to the “inside” of your fun fold card.
- With Soft Suede ink, stamp the branch, bird, birdhouse, towards the top of the Basic White layer. Next stamp the Welcome sentiment towards the bottom right.
- With coordinating markers, color in the birdhouse and the leaves of the branch.
- And lastly, adhere this layer to the green layer.
Supplies for a Birdhouse Fun Fold Card:
Thanks for joining me in my Craft Closet today! I hope you enjoyed learning how to make this Garden Birdhouses Fun Fold card. If you want to be ahead of fun card making and crafty techniques, tips, and ideas, subscribe to my Stampin Newsletter!
How about making a few other cards that also have a fun fold? Click on the images below to find the tutorials!