Love You Always Foil Sympathy Card
The Love You Always Foil is perfect to create a Pet Sympathy Card. Today is Part 9 of my “Create With DSP” series with the easy steps to make this project.
This is the ninth of ten installments in my “Create With DSP” series! We are almost to the finish line and have been having fun with lots of different types of Designer Series Papers. With lots of tips and recipes to showcase your favorites (or a good way to clean up your stash!), click here to start at the beginning!
Unfortunately, sympathy cards are difficult to make, but they mean so much. Accordingly, it’s important to make them lovely to look at.
To that end, I thought this foil specialty designer series paper would be perfect.
The Sahara Sand foil looks really good against Misty Moonlight (and I already had the ribbon on my desk), so I then added another bit of DSP from the Pattern Party pack.
See below for how to create a Love You Always Foil Sympathy Card:
How to make a Foil Sympathy Card:
Cut your cardstock and foil:
- Sahara Sand: 8 1/2” x 5 1/2”, folded at 4 1/4”
- Love You Always Specialty: 5 1/2” x 4”
- Love You Always Foil: 5 1/2” x 2 1/4”
- Misty Moonlight DSP: 5 1/2” x 1 1/8”
- Scrap of Very Vanilla
Creating the DSP background:
- After you’ve cut all your papers, adhere the blue paper to the foil, and the foil to the specialty.
- Then attach ribbon down the seam, and glue it all to your card base front.
Create the sentiment:
- Die cut a scrap of Very Vanilla using the third smallest stitched rectangle. Using Misty Moonlight ink, stamp the sentiment on the left side.
- Nest, use the Dog Punch (or Cat Punch) to create the pet silhouette from the Sahara Sand foil, and glue it to the Vanilla piece.
- Lastly, use dimensionals to attach the sentiment and dog to your card front.
Supplies for a Foil Sympathy Card:
I hope you enjoyed learning how to make this card, and if you always want to be ahead of card making and crafty techniques, tips, and ideas, subscribe to my Stampin Newsletter!
How about making a few similar projects? Click on the images below to find the tutorials!
Thanks for joining me in my Craft Closet today! Happy Crafting!