Flying Butterfly Pop Up Card
Butterflies are meant to fly, so create this Flying Butterfly Pop-up Card to let it! When the card opens, the butterfly flies up in the air! See how to make this card with a step-by-step guide.
Of course, butterflies look nice on a card front, but how about letting it fly in the air among the flowers when you open the card?
This card can be made to match your special designer series paper, and I chose the Flower & Field paper that can be earned for free during this Sale-a-bration!
I’m definitely a sucker for paper-crafting techniques that will surprise your recipient, and accordingly, this pop-up butterfly card fits that description! Don’t you just love learning new techniques?? Me too!
Watch the card open and the butterfly fly up here:
Creating a pop-up is as easy as a fun-fold card, so I hope you don’t shy away from this card if you have a little courage. With an extra fold in your cardstock and a little clear Window Sheet material, it’s sure to make you smile.
See below for the tutorial to create this flying pop-up card!
How to create a Flying Butterfly Pop-Up Card:
Cut your cardstock:
- Granny Apple Green: 5 1/2” x 11”
- Cut into two 5 1/2” x 4 7/8” pieces
- Score on the shorter side at 4 1/4”
- Designer Series Paper A (front): 4” x 5 1/4”
- Designer Series Paper B (inside): 2 pieces of 4 1/8” x 5 1/4”
- Acetate Window Sheets: 3 strips 3/4” x 3”
- Basic White
Make the Pop-Up:
- Adhere each of your inside DSP sheets to a Granny Apple Green piece, butted up against the score mark.
- Apply tear tape on the outside flap of one of the Green pieces, and attach the window sheet strips.
- Stamp, color, and fussy-cut out a butterfly and foliage, or whatever images you want to pop-up. Adhere these to the top of your window sheet strips using glue dots, ensuring they are within the size of the closed card.
- Lastly, press the tear tape to the other Green piece’s flap for it to adhere together.
Create your card front:
- First, adhere your DSP to the front.
- Next, stamp the butterfly, and die cut out with the 2nd largest stitched circle die. Adhere it to the right side of your card front.
- Lastly, stamp your sentiment and die cut out with the smallest stitched circle die, and adhere it in the bottom right corner.
Supplies for a Pop-Up Card:
I hope you liked creating this pop-up card! Wanna always have access to fun card-making tutorials and inspiration? Subscribe to my Stampin Newsletter!
Here are a few other cards with fun folds. Click for their step-by-step instructions!
Happy Crafting, and see you soon!