White Silhouette Ornament Holiday Card
This White Silhouette Ornament Card uses a punch to make a quick and easy monochrome background that’s textured yet simple.
Punches are one of the fastest ways to add a punch to your cards and projects, and this holiday card is no different.
Sometimes when I get a new punch, I get a little stuck for ideas. Starting with the matching stamp and punching out the stamped image always makes cute projects. Similarly, I like to punch out from a few different of my card stocks next.
For this card, I punched a bunch of each of the ornaments from some Very Vanilla scraps. Yes! They’ll make for a fun monochrome background.
Backgrounds for a visually appealing card can be made from designer series paper as well as from plain cardstock. Punching a monochrome background is an easy technique to use.
Make a card with ornaments and a background of their white silhouettes!
How to make a White Silhouette Ornament Card:
Cut your Cardstock:
- Pretty Peacock:
- 8 1/2” x 5 1/2”, scored and folded at 4 1/4” for a card base.
- 3” x 3” scrap for behind sentiment
- Very Vanilla:
- 4” x 5 1/4” for layer
- Scraps for punched-out ornaments and sentiment
- Brightly Gleaming DSP: scraps for ornaments
Make your silhouette background:
- Punch 5 of the large ornaments from Very Vanilla cardstock.
- Similarly, punch 5 small ornaments.
- Glue these randomly to your Very Vanilla layer, extending over the edges.
- From the back of the layer, trim the overlap.
- Next, adhere your layer with the silhouettes to your card base.
Stamp and Punch the Sentiment:
- With the larger Tasteful Labels die, cut out a piece from Pretty Peacock card stock. Glue this towards the top of your card front.
- On a scrap of Vanilla, stamp your holiday sentiment with Pretty Peacock ink. Die-cut this out with a smaller Tasteful Labels die, and attach it to the center of the Pretty Peacock label with dimensionals.
- Lastly, die-cut one of each of the ornaments using designer series paper (I used Brightly Gleaming) and attach to the sides of your sentiment with dimensionals.
Supplies for a White Silhouette Ornament Card:
Thanks for joining me today in my Craft Closet! I always have fun — and of course love crafting and sharing fun tips and tutorials. I hope you subscribe to my Stampin Newsletter today!
If you are looking for more cards where we use punches, check out these tutorials below: