DIY Halloween Fall Decor Blocks
It’s easy to DIY Halloween fall decor Blocks! And you can be super creative making them with a few wooden stamp blocks and scraps.
These are a great way to upcycle those blocks you might have laying around, as well as a fun way to use Designer Series Paper scraps!
If you’ve been stamping for any length of time, it’s very possible you have some of these wooden blocks laying around. From either unmounted or recently de-mounted stamps, these blocks can pile up, and I didn’t want to toss them. They seemed like they could be fun to craft with!
The wooden blocks I chose to use first were the largest, so a simple “Boo!” wouldn’t do. Are there any Hocus Pocus fans here?? It’s a staple for me to watch every halloween season, so naturally this is the next festive word that came to my mind.
My halloween fall decor blocks are now all around the house in tiny pockets to help the fall theme stand out!
I wrote out how easy it was to make these little decorations, no matter what size your blocks are! I hope you’ll make one (or more if you have a lot of blocks like me)! Read below:
How to make Fall Decor Blocks:
Cut your papers:
- Measure your blocks. Mine were 2 1/2” x 4”, so I cut my Designer Series Paper 1/4” smaller (so 2 1/4” x 3 3/4”).
- Don’t glue it down yet! It’ll be easier to cut your letters first.
Die Cut Letters:
- Pick a word that will be fun (and will fit on your block).
- From a card stock that coordinates with your designer series paper, die cut your letters out.
- This alphabet die set is super versatile!
- Next, glue your letters onto your DSP.
Adhere and Embellish:
- Glue your paper to one side of the block.
- Add any additional die-cuts or papers.
- Finally, add rhinestones around your word as well as ribbon around the block edges.
Supplies for Fall Decor Blocks:
Once you make one, you might want to make a whole stack! How cute will your halloween fall decor blocks be all over your craft room?
If you want to make a few more fall and halloween projects, click on the pictures below:
The fall is such a fun season, and I’m so glad you dropped by to craft today! If you want more ideas and tips, sign up for my crafty newsletter!