Quarantine Encouragement Paper Pumpkin Alternative
It can be difficult to feel connected during quarantine and feelings of isolation can affect some people strongly. Reach out with this uplifting Quarantine Encouragement Paper Pumpkin Alternative card to let your friends, neighbors, and family know they aren’t alone.
This Quarantine Encouragement is an alternative from this month’s Paper Pumpkin Kit, and easy to make. Pick your favorite color, and run with it! Above, you’ll see I started with Daffodil Delight! That’s definitely going to brighten someone’s day!
Then I used the BONUS stamp set from the Paper Pumpkin March 2020 kit, and added some matching ribbon. I plan on using it to pass along positive notes and offers of help.
At a time when we need to check on each other, cards can be an especially fun way to stay in touch. Namely with a bright encouragement card!
These quarantine encouragement cards are easy to make. And you can make them in any color! Do you have a lot of ribbon you want to use up? Match it to some cardstock and make a stack!
See below for how to create your own Quarantine Encouragement card (or a stack!):
Recipe to make a Quarantine Encouragement Paper Pumpkin Alternative Card:
Cut your card stock:
- Your chosen color: 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″. Score at 4 1/4″ and fold in half. 3″ x 1 1/4″ piece for behind the sentiment.
- Sahara Sand: 5 1/4″ x 4″.
- Very Vanilla: 4″ x 4″. 2 3/4″ x 1″ for sentiment.
- With the coordinating ink of your chosen card base color, stamp flowers in the upper corners of the Sahara Sand layer.
- With black ink, stamp the Door (from the bonus set in the Paper Pumpkin kit) on your square of Very Vanilla. Color in as you choose. Die cut using the largest circle in the Stitched Shapes Die Set.
- Next, stamp your sentiment on the Very Vanilla Strip using black ink. Adhere to the strip of your chosen color card stock.
Put It All Together:
- Add 6″ of ribbon to the lower third of the Sahara Sand layer and wrap it around to the back. Glue in place, and then adhere the layer to your card base.
- Lastly, attach the Door and your sentiment to the card using dimensionals.
Supplies for a Quarantine Encouragement Card:
A simple card to let someone know that you are thinking of them can make all the difference for a difficult day. I couldn’t decide what color to make, so I made a rainbow to send to more of the people in my life.
Want to check out some other encouragement cards to not only cheer up your loved ones, but also to keep your hands working? Check out these:
Wanna start organizing your Paper Pumpkin stamps? You’ll want to see this!
Thanks for taking the time to make this card! I hope you subscribe for lots more crafting tutorials, tips, and tricks! Happy Crafting!