Flannel Birthday Card for a Fun Kid
Buffalo Plaid is hot this year, and when we had a kids birthday party to go to, I was ecstatic to find out the theme was flannel! We were asked to wear our favorite flannel, but of course I decided to also make a matching Flannel Birthday Card!
Birthdays and holidays have a way of sneaking up on us! So if you have a lot of kids in your life, wouldn’t it be great to have some cards on hand for their birthdays?
This card worked even better for the party than I realized, because when we walked in, we noticed all of the decoration were red, black, and white! Not only were we all dressed in our favorite flannels, but also all the tables and pendants were buffalo plaid! It was really a fun time.
The Buffalo Check stamp is very versatile, and fun to play with! Likewise, the silhouettes are great to pair with it when stamped in the same color. There’s no need to spend time color matching when you are just stamping in black ink. This color scheme is bold and playful.
Look below to see the steps to take to create this easy Flannel Birthday Card!
Steps to create a Flannel Birthday Card
Cut Your Papers.
- Real Red
- 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″. Fold in half to make a card base.
- 4″ x 5 1/4″. This will be used for your flannel pieces in the next step.
- Very Vanilla: 4″ x 5 1/4″.
Create your flannel pieces.
- First, Ink up your buffalo check stamp with memento black ink, and stamp evenly onto a 4″ x 5 1/4″ piece of Real Red card stock.
- Next, cut off the bottom 2 1/4″ of your plaid piece and adhere it onto your Very Vanilla card stock piece. Stamp the sentiment on the Vanilla piece above the plaid with black ink. I chose one from another stamp set (Seaside Notions) but any sentiment will work great here.
- From the top of the leftover plaid piece, die-cut out the 2nd largest oval from the Stitched Shapes die set.
- On a scrap piece of Vanilla, stamp the silhouette of the little kid with the toy plane with black ink. Die-cut out with the next smallest oval from the Stitched Shapes die set. Glue this directly to the plaid oval you just die-cut out.
Adhere your pieces together.
- Wrap the ribbon around the Vanilla piece and tie a bow.
- Next, adhere the vanilla piece to your card base.
- Lastly, stick the silhouette piece over the ribbon with dimensionals.
Supplies for a Flannel Birthday Card
Are you a fan of Buffalo Plaid?? (Me, too!!!) Check out these other project that use this super versatile stamp: