Snow Globe Gift Card Holder for Christmas Time
Unpopular opinion: I love snow. I love it! Being in PA, I promise it’s better for the weather to snow than to deal with cold 33 degree rain. And this Snow globe gift card holder really helps me feel like it’s Christmas time.
Here’s the front of the card when it is closed:
Do you have people in your life that make the little things easier every day? Your postal carriers who deliver heavy packages, your hairdresser, or not to mention the barista who knows your coffee order every morning? This card holds a gift card and is an easy way to spread a little holiday cheer to them.
These snow globes are so much fun to craft with! This one is on a coordinating flap and, in addition, holds the card closed.
With just a few pieces of card stock and some designer series paper, this snow globe gift card holder is very easy to make! With a tiny token of thanks, share this festive card with anyone who makes your days easier.
See below for how to create your own gift card holder for sharing at Christmas!
Directions to create a Snow Globe Gift Card Holder:
1. Cut a piece of Shaded Spruce card stock 11″ x 4 1/4″.
- Score at 1 1/4″ and 5 1/2″. Fold at these lines; this forms your card and the flap for the gift card.
- Also cut a 8 1/2″ x 1″ piece and score at 5 1/2″. This will be the snow globe flap. Adhere it to the back so that 3″ hangs over the front.
2. Cut your Designer Series Paper. The Perfectly Plaid set contains lots of perfect patterns, and they all coordinate together. I chose one sheet and used the back for the small strips.
- You’ll need to cut one 4″ x 4″ for the front, and 2 1″ x 4″ for the inside sides.
- Adhere each piece down.
3. Create the Gift Card Flap.
- Punch out a small half circle from the inside gift card flap.
- Glue a thin layer along each of the flaps edge to hold it down.
4. Equally important, Create the inside sentiment.
- Cut a Whisper White card stock to 4″ x 4″.
- Using a Shaded Spruce ink pad, stamp the sentiment towards the top.
- Adhere it down inside the card.
5. Make your snow globe.
- For the top part, stamp the globe and the house inside with black ink. Color in the trees and the house with your markers and Wink of Stella glitter pen on the snow.
- Die cut out.
- Using Cherry Cobbler red card stock and black ink, stamp the globe base and die cut it out. Adhere it to the snow globe top.
- Adhere the snow globe to the green flap.
Supplies to create a Festive Gift Card Holder:
I hope this gift card holder inspired you to create one (or more!) for your own friends, family, and people who help make your life a little easier. It’s amazing how just some pretty papers can transform your card into something special.
I’m entering this snow globe gift card holder into these challenges:
Looking to make more gift card holders? Jump over to this video tutorial for a smaller gift card holder:
I’m so glad you stopped by today to check out this Snow Globe Gift Card Holder. Happy Crafting!