Floating Away Turtle Pull-Tab Encouragement Card
No matter what you are accustomed to, it’s still important to go in the direction of your dreams. This turtle is doing just that on a pull-tab encouragement card!
I designed this interactive card for the Crafting By Designs design team November Challenge. It’s sponsored by QKR Stampede, so create something and share it here. We’d love to see your creativity! Meanwhile, check out how to create this pull-tab interactive card.
This turtle can be pulled up with his balloon. Similarly, I recently created a card using the same mechanism with a cat.
The mechanisms are very similar between the two cards. It’s an easy way to make a card that has a fun interactive element.
See below for the details to create a Floating Away Turtle Card!
Details to create a Floating Turtle Card:
- Print out the turtle digi stamp to be 3″ tall. Color in with markers (and of course a little wink of Stella glitter). Fussy cut out, being careful to not make the area around the balloon string too thin.
- Create the card base by folding a 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ piece of cardstock in half.
- Next, cut your designer series paper to 4″ x 5 1/4″, but DON’T adhere it down yet! Using a craft knife, cut a thin 3″ slice, 1 1/2″ from the right side.
- On a 1 1/4″ piece of cardstock, stamp the sentiment in versamark and emboss with white powder. Next, adhere the sentiment to a 1 1/2″ banner, and adhere that towards the bottom of your designer series paper.
- To create the mechanism with the floating turtle, follow the easy tutorial for the Best Day Ever Cat card. In brief, create a 1/2″ tab with white cardstock and attach a rectangle of white cardstock to the bottom. Fold this up through your thin slice in the designer series paper to then attach to your fussy-cut turtle. Add foam dimensional strips on the back of the paper along the sides of the 1/2″ tab.
- Lastly, adhere the designer series paper to your card base using foam dimensional strips.
Supplies for this Pull-Tab Encouragement Card:
Floating Away Turtle digital stamp by QKR Stampede
This turtle would be great as not only an encouragement card, but also to send some congratulations to someone who followed their dreams! Interactive cards are just so fun to play with! Of course I had to show a little video of the pull-tab balloon floating up with the turtle!
I’m sharing this card and playing along with the QKR Stampede Challenge #370 – anything goes.
Interested in incorporating digital stamps into your stash of crafting supplies? Check out this thorough guide to using digis!
I hope you enjoyed this encouraging turtle! If you enjoy learning new techniques and card mechanisms, I’d love it if you’d follow Laura’s Craft Closet.