Halloween Cocktail Window Card for the Mummies!
I like Halloween. A LOT. Do you? Where some people might find ways to use holiday stamps for everyday use, I also find ways to use non-spooky stamps for Halloween cards and projects! So with the new Sip & Celebrate stamp and die bundle, I created this Halloween Cocktail Window Card!
Holidays are fun, no matter what age you are. But I’ve seen my friends who are mammas (and dads) spend so much time preparing to make the holiday great for their kids, that they definitely deserve a fancy Halloween Martini. Maybe two. How about a cute and sassy card to go with that?
Window cards are easy-to-make fun folds and also offer many more ways to open up your creativity and make something new!
This card is easy and you’ll need very few supplies. Go ahead, check below…only 6 supplies! That INCLUDES the standard white cardstock and black ink. And these supplies will of course be useful for future projects. How’s that for a fun card? 🙂
Learn the technique for how to create a Window Card below for this Halloween Cocktail Card!
Steps to create a Halloween Cocktail Window Card:
Cut your cardstock.
- Cut a piece of black cardstock 4 1/4″ x 11″, and fold in half at 5 1/2″.
- Pick your favorite design from the pumpkin pie pieces in the 6 x 6 pack of paper. Cut at 4″. Next, trim this at 5 1/4″ which leaves you with the 3/4″ bottom of the paper — save this for the inside!
- Cut a piece of white cardstock 4″ x 5 1/4″.
Adhere your pieces.
I realize usually we stamp first and adhere everything last, but trust me, this time it’s 100 times easier to adhere things down first. Eek!
- First, use your favorite adhesive to stick the orange paper to the front, the whisper white to the inside, and the small orange strip to the bottom of the white on the inside.
- Trace the “bubbly” die from the Sip and Celebrate dies onto a scrap of black cardstock, and then fussy cut it out. Run both through your die cutting machine. Adhere it to the top of your card front, and trim the excess.
- To create your window: Ensure your card is “open,” and place your martini die in the center of your card front over the orange paper. Run it through your die-cutting machine (your die will cut both the orange and black layers, but if you are concerned, just run it back through without moving the die). Martini window card!
- Close your card, and THROUGH your martini window, stamp the martini onto the white cardstock on the inside using black ink.
- The photopolymer stamps make this technique so much easier than the older style wood blocks!
- Using green ink, stamp the liquor inside the glass. Green for a seasonal apple-tini?
- Using the same black ink, stamp your Halloween sentiment on the front and inside on the orange paper.
- So confession: I don’t always have the EXACT sentiment I want. I have a lot of stamps, but I sometimes like to leave the trail and need a way to create my own. So for this Halloween card, I used my label maker (along with colored label tape!) to type out “Mummy Needs a Drink.” The downside is you can’t emboss or recolor or diecut a label, but sometimes it does the trick (or treat)!
- No label maker? No problem! The Sip Sip Hooray stamp set has a “I’ll drink to that!” stamp that would be equally cute for this card!
I’m entering this card into the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers challenge – #143 L is for Liquor.
I love finding ways to use non-spooky stamps for some Halloween fun! You too?? I recommend you look at this post using the Beautiful You stamp set from the Annual Catalog:
What’s your favorite fall activity? Aside from crafting, haha, but yeah. Same! I’d love to know what you are looking forward to in the coming couple of months. Leave a comment below with your favorite fall activity!
Cheers and Happy Crafting!