Sailing Home Nautical Gatefold Card
Fun fold cards are always at the top of my card list. I even have a whole section of “Fun Folds and Shakers” in the side column of this site! (Go ahead and look…I’ll wait.) So next on my craft desk, I created this Nautical Gatefold Card.
The Gatefold hightlights the pretty designer series paper and the featured stamp. Notably, these matching striped paper strips and the distinctive Anchor stamp, which doesn’t look cartoony but has a more masculine style.
Here’s the outside of the card:
The dark blues with the light blues combine really well for the purpose of creating a masculine card with a statement.
Moreover, this Nautical Gatefold Card is quick to make! See below for the easy tutorial.
Steps to create a Nautical Gatefold Card:
Cut and score your papers:
- Balmy Blue: 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″. Score at 2 1/8″ and 6 3/8″. This will give equal flaps on either side.
- Night of Navy: 11″ x 1 1/2″. Score at 4 1/8″, 4 1/4″, and 8 5/8″. This will be your belly-band that goes around the card to keep it closed.
- From your favorite Come Sail Away DSP, cut 2 strips 5 1/4″ x 2″.
- Whisper White: 5 1/4″ x 4″.
- With Night of Navy Ink, stamp your sentiment on the whisper white piece.
- Next, on a scrap of white, stamp the anchor with night of navy ink. Die-Cut out with the 2nd stitched circle.
- Glue your sentiment to the inside of your gatefold card base. Fold the gates over it.
- Adhere the DSP to the front of the gates.
- Lastly, fold the belly-band around your card and adhere together on the front. Glue your anchor onto the front of the belly-band.
Supplies to create a Nautical Gatefold Card
In the event you need to send a card for someone who needs a little encouragement or to someone you’d like to express sympathy, this is a simple yet classic card.
I’m submitting this card to these challenges:
Lighthouses and Anchors and all things nautical are definitely on trend right now. Check out these other Nautical theme projects:
I hope you enjoyed this Fun Fold Card Tutorial! If you did, I’d love it if you left a comment below. I read every one of them and smile 😊.
Wonderful card. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper Challenge. Hope to see you again. Good luck!
Thank you! Always a good excuse to cut up the pretty patterned paper in my stash 🙂