Dog House Triangle Corner Pop-Up Card
I find nothing more encouraging than a cute puppy! So for this tutorial, I’ll show you how to make an encouraging Triangle Corner Pop-up card that features the Happy Tails stamp set with the dog builder punch.
I’ve waited too long to start playing with this bundle. With the paw prints, and the really cute sayings, it’s really run to stamp your projects for pet lovers.
In addition to “Triangle Corner Pop-up Card,” there are a few names for this fancy fold, including:
- Tent Fold Pop-up,
- Tent Easel, and
- Peekaboo tent fold.
I chose the dog theme for this Triangle corner pop-up card and began creating the card using red and wood grain paper. As a result, the 3D card looks like a doghouse, with the dog on the easel inside!
At first, I wasn’t sure how the two bottom squares would sit one on top of the other, without sliding and making the card fall. However, what I found is that the weight of the mini easel card helps the tent fold card retain it’s ability to stand!
The measurements of this card allow it to fold neatly to a 4 1/4″ square. Therefore, it’ll fit perfectly into a regular A2 envelope.
See below for the measurements and how to make one of these fun tent fold cards!
Steps to create a Triangle Corner Pop-up Card:
Create the Triangle / Tent
- Cut a sheet of Real Red cardstock to 8 1/2″ x 8 1/2″.
- Score at 4 1/4″ on both sides, so it forms a “t”. Then from the top 4 1/4″ line, score diagonally to the right 4 1/4″line, and then again from the top to the left 4 1/4″ line. This will form flaps.
- Cut along the bottom score line up to the middle score line.
- Cut two 4″ squares of your DSP. To make this card look like a doghouse, I accordingly chose a wood grain sheet. Adhere one of these wood squares to the bottom right red square. Cut the other wood square diagonally, and glue each to the top red flaps. See below for a picture of this flattened out.
- Cut a 4″ square of Vanilla cardstock. Glue this to the bottom left red square. This is where you’ll write your message!
- Fold on each of your score lines to tent your card. Here’s your tent card so far when folded to stand:
Create the Easel
- With Vanilla cardstock, cut a 3 1/2″ x 8″ piece, and fold it in half (at 4″). Place the largest stitched circle die over the folded edge, and run it through your die-cutting machine. This’ll make a hinge when you cut it out.
- Fold one of the circles in half towards the first fold to create the easel.
- Cut out a second circle to decorate. I stamped the doghouse with Soft Suede and Real Read ink. On a vanilla scrap, I stamped the dog, and then inked the spots and stamped them off once before stamping on the dog for lighter spots. I punched the dog out using the Dog Builder Punch, and attached it to the circle over the doghouse using dimensionals. Attach the bottom of this decorated circle to the folded half circle of the easel.
- On the non-folded easel circle, I attached a “Friends Forever” sentiment using dimensionals. This will let the easel stand up.
- I cut out circles with the leftover Real Red and Very Vanilla cardstock using the stitched shapes dies. Stamping the paw prints, bones, or the sentiments onto the vanilla, these are cute glued on the flaps of the Tent Card.
- Using strong adhesive, attach your easel over the wood square.
- Here’s what you have once your tent card is decorated with the easel, and flattened out prior to mailing:
I’m playing along this week with the Simon Says Monday Challenge – Animal Magic.
This fancy fold is just so versatile! I’m already thinking of what other themes I want to create with this card. What do you think would make? Comment below!
Looking for more projects for pet lovers? Click on a thumbnail image below to see!
Thanks for stopping by! Lastly, if you haven’t yet, please subscribe! No one wants to miss out on any stamping and crafting fun!
Thank you! 🤗
Such a darling little “doggy house” with the sweetest puppy!
Thank you so much! 💜