In-Color In Style Card
I wanted to showcase all of the new In-Colors from Stampin’ Up this season, and what better way than with an In-Color In Style card!
Every June, Stampin’ Up puts out 5 new trendy colors, unique from their other many colors, and has them available for 2 years. Some colors I immediately know I’m going to love, but it’s often not until I work with the others that I start to embrace them, too. Favorites get picked, for sure, but take a look at these new in-colors!
Do you have a favorite? These are fun colors, and I thought my card needed to reflect the spirit. First, I pulled out the Beautiful You stamp set, and then started layering my cardstocks at fun angles.
Eventually, I ended up with this on my craft desk:
These ladies are way more stylish than me, but yoga pants are so comfy!
See below for how to also be in style — with paper at least!:
Steps to create this In-Color In Style card:
- First, I used the Purple posy cardstock for the cardbase (8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ folded in half), and then stamped the front with the buffalo check stamp and versamark ink.
- Next, I dry embossed 4 3/4″ x 3 1/2″ white cardstock using the waves folder and adhered it onto the cardbase at an angle.
- On top of that white embossed piece, add a 4 1/2″ x 3″ piece of designer series paper. I used the Rococo Rose check print from the 6″ x 6″ paper pack.
- Separately, stamp the fashionista ladies in gray three times on 4 1/2″ x 2 1/2″ white cardstock. Stamp their dresses in whichever color scheme you like, and color their hats with the In-Color markers. I used Terracotta Tile, Seaside Spray, and Pretty Peacock. I then used the writing end of the Rococo Rose marker and added dots randomly around the ladies for extra interest.
Tip: You can ink your stamp with the Stampin’ Write Markers! Run your marker quickly where you want to ink the stamp, breathe on the ink to keep it moist, and stamp it on your project. This can definitely expand your stamping supplies.
- Lastly, I embellished! I adhered 12″ ribbon on the back of the piece with the ladies, and then used dimensional adhesives to pop them up from the card. On a scrap of Purple Posy, I stamped the sentiment, cut it into a banner, and also added it with dimensionals. Add a little bling, and boom! You’re in style!
In addition to the featured fashionista ladies, the card needed a little more texture. If you don’t have the same background stamp or the same embossing folder, it’s easy to substitute and get a similar look — but I highly recommend the buffalo check stamp! I was a bit wary of how often I would use such a large stamp, but check out these other fun cards I previously made with it:
Buffalo Plaid Hearts! Using a background stamp (gasp!) NOT for a background!
I am playing along with the Inspire.Create.Challenge #046 – Colour Challenge.
Which of the new In-Colors is your favorite? I’d love to know. I think I’m leaning towards the Pretty Peacock, but am I just biased because I miss the recently retired Tranquil Tide? Lol Leave a comment below with your favorite new In-Color!
Thank you for stopping by today, and Happy Crafting!
Pin to find this tutorial later!!