Father’s Day Car Flap Card
This Father’s Day Card features a fun fold! I’m calling it the Car Flap Card because there is a banner flap that folds over the front of the car to highlight the silver gears and embossed car, as well as to close the card.
Do you need a Father’s Day card for your husband or significant other? This masculine card has a sentiment on the inside (You’re a classic) that is shown when the banner is lifted up. This card can be shared with any gear head in your life.
I love fun fold cards! Between the foil gears and the sparkle embossed car, the banner flap has a wow factor that is still masculine.
The banner even covers the inside sentiment when the card is closed! Here’s how to create this Car Flap Card:
Cut your cardstock.
- Gray Granite: 5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″ and 5″ x 4″. Stamp your sentiment in black ink.
- Basic Black: 9 5/8″ x 4 3/16″ scored at 4 3/8″. Banner 4 1/2″ x 1 1/4″.
- Balmy Blue: 4 1/8″ x 5 1/8″. 4 1/8″ x 4 1/4″. Scrap for car.
- Designer Series Paper: 3 7/8″ x 3 7/8″.
- Silver Foil: 4″ x 4″.
Create the flap.
- Using Versamark, stamp the car on your blue scrap and sprinkle the black embossing powder over it. Shake off the excess and heat until melted. Use the corresponding framelit to cut out.
- Score the black flap at 1″. Die Cut your gears from silver foil paper. At the end of the longer end, adhere your gears, and the car on top of those. Adhere the short end to the back of the large side of the black piece.
Adhere the remaining pieces with Snail adhesive.
- The stamped gray onto the large blue onto the large black piece (with the flap up) onto the large gray.
- The patterned paper onto the small blue onto the short side of the black
That flap is an easy way to make your card unique and make your front elements stand out.
I’m playing along with these challenges: Inspire. Create. Challenge #044 – Sketch, Cardz 4 Guyz Challenge #221 – Father’s Day, and Crafty Cardmakers Challenge #235 – Masculine.
If you enjoyed this card, check out this Tri-fold Batman Card! It’s a fun card for any Batman fan in your life!
I hope you found this Father’s Day card helpful with your crafting. If you did, please leave me a comment below! Happy Crafting!
Very nice! What a fun card! Love the layout! 😊
😊 Thank you!
A brilliant card. I love the colour scheme. Thank you for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz. Sian (DT).
Thank you, Sian😊 Blues and Greys are one of my favorite combos.
This is a great masculine card. Thank you so much for sharing it with us at Crafty Cardmakers and good luck with the challenge. Angela xXx
Thanks so much, Angela! I appreciate it!
What a fabulous card! It is gorgeous and I love the fun fold! Thank you for joining our Challenge at Crafty Cardmakers. x
🤗 Thank you!
Such a fab masculine card, love the different folds on it too.
Thanks for joining us at Cardz4Guyz. 🙂
Thanks, Julie 😊 Fun fold cards are one of my favorites to make!
What a great card! Such an unusual shape…Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers this time.
Thank you, Jackie! I appreciate it. And as long as it folds into an envelope, it works!