Stork Precious Delivery Baby Announcement Card
I created a Stork baby announcement card to kick off the fifth month of the Joy of Sets Tic-Tac-Toe challenge with this grid!
Our fun grid for May was chosen by Susan, and you’ll want to create something for this month! Because it’s the birthday month of Fiona, Concord and 9th has agreed to sponsor this challenge with $50 to one lucky winner!! What crafter wouldn’t want to win that?? Just choose a single line of three elements (up, down, or diagonal), create something, and enter it at the challenge!
This grid has a lot of great elements, and I chose the line of bird, yellow, and emboss to make this baby announcement!
Don’t you just love the yellow and gray color combo? It’s very versatile for multiple occasions, and I really how it created a neutral baby announcement!
I want to share with you the steps to make this card below:
Steps to create this baby announcement:
Cut your cardstock:
- Basic Gray 4 1/4″ x 11″ for your cardbase plus 1″ x 4″ for the banner.
- Daffodil Yellow 4″ x 5 1/4″.
- Whisper white 3 1/4″ x 4 1/2″ plus a scrap for the stork.
- On your white piece, stamp the flowers on each side in yellow and then again in gray. Use your sponge dauber and yellow ink pad to add some extra yellow to the flowers.
- With the white scrap, stamp the stork using gray and color in with the stampin blend markers. Fussy cut out.
- Stamp the sentiment on the gray banner using versamark ink and heat emboss with white embossing powder.
Emboss the yellow cardstock and adhere to your cardbase.
- Adhere the white piece onto the yellow.
Adhere the banner and stork to the card using dimensionals.
And as usual, I like to show how versatile a stamp set can be, or how you can edit a card design for a different occasion. Or, in reality, I just got distracted with other pretty color papers and stamps! So while I was designing the yellow announcement card with a stork, I also made this congratulations card for a new parent.
The sentiment for this congrats card is from the Fabulous Flamingo set, and it paired well with this Blushing Bride Pink cardstock.
Thanks for checking out this tutorial creating a baby card featuring a stork! I hope you liked it and find some time to craft today! Feel free to click around the site to find more inspiration!
Are you looking for other cards celebrating babies? You’ll want to take a peek at this adorable card featuring a dragon: New Baby Dragon Congratulations Card
I’m playing along with the following challenges:
- SUO Challenges #222 – Celebrations
- Inspire.Create.Challenge #042 – Theme: Baby
- Craft Rocket Challenges #59 – Newborn