Kitty Celebrates Card: the Best Day Ever Interactive Card
I created this cute interactive Kitty Celebrates card for the Crafting By Designs Color Challenge. I’ll show you how to create it below, without any special die-cuts.
Sparkle N Sprinkle is sponsoring this challenge, and offering a prize of $15 gift certificate to their store! Check out the challenge and submit your creation!!
Join in on the Crafting By Designs Color Challenge — All you gotta do is choose 3 colors from this color palette and make something!
I chose the yellow, orange, and pink combo of the tulips. These colors jumped out to me, and subsequently they reminded me of a sunset.
The Kitty Celebrates image set is just too cute, so I had to use it for this interactive card! The stamp reminds me of one of my cats, with that smile on her face. I can’t help but smile when I see it!
Making interactive cards are a bit more time-consuming, but this image needed to be able to “float” up! The few extra minutes is worth it in my opinion, as your recipient finds it extra surprising! See below for how I created it!
Kitty celebrates balloons float card video
Steps to create this Kitty Celebrates card:
Create the background.
- Sponge ink from the ink pads onto white cardstock, starting with the daffodil delight (yellow), then the mango melody (orange), and finish it with the flirty flamingo and a touch of poppy parade.
- Stamp the clouds in basic gray randomly all over the background.
- Cut a 3″ narrow slit 1 1/2″ from the left side.
Print out your digital images and stamp your layered images.
- The kitty and balloons is 3 1/2″ tall, and the sentiment is 4″ wide.
- Stamp and die-cut the small hot air balloon and clouds in basic gray.
- Color with the same colors as on the background.
- Need any help working with digital images? This complete guide will step you through it!
Create pull tab mechanism with the kitty image.
- Cut a scrap piece of white cardstock 4″ x 3″. Make the 1/2″ wide tab using this template below.
- Cut the hatched area out. Fold the inner dots toward its center and slide the folded bottom piece into the slit of your background from the back to the front. Fold on the outer dots outward, so it opens like a butterfly. Your tabs will be larger than your cat, so with the tabs flattened outward, trace your cat image, and trim the tabs to fit.
- Adhere your cat (but not the balloons!) using the Tear and Tape. This has a stronger adhesive that is necessary for a piece that’ll be moving.
Attach your background with the mechanism with dimensionals to your cardbase.
- On the front of your card, adhere the sentiment (maybe with the little paws hanging over!).
Kitty Celebrates digital stamp set (designed by Charlie’s Stamps) from Sparkle N Sprinkle (<– use this link for a 15% discount on your order!)
Was that maybe slightly easier than you thought? I hope so! It was a lot of fun to create!
With this Kitty Celebrates card, I’m participating in the following challenges:
- Sparkle N Sprinkle – April Challenge SNS set
- Crafty Catz Challenge #457 – Anything Goes. Twist Make Us Smile
- Dare 2B Artzy -April Animals
- Dragonfly Dreams – Include an Animal
- SUYP #41 – Furrything Goes
I’d love to know what you thought of this tutorial! If you have any questions, feel free to leave a comment below or send me an email. I love hearing from you!
Cute card. Great tutorial on how it was created. Darling image and colors. So glad you shared over at Crafty Catz.
Creative With Stamps
Catch The Bug
Always Fun Challenges
Colour Crazy Challenge
Creations In Pink
Crafty Gals Corner
Thank you, Billie!
WoWza !! That is really PAW-some. Such wonderful colouring and I love the ‘floating’ cat – that is so clever. Thanks for the instructions – I might give that a try 🙂
Thank you for purring along to play at SUYP Cats Challenges =^..^=
My Challenge Blog
FB Fan Page
Cat Lovers Challenge Blog
Aww! Thank you furry much! And I hope you give it a try — it’s easier than it looks! 😀
This is so adorable and fun. Love the coloring and the interactive element. So glad you shared with us over at the Sparkle N Sprinkle Creative Challenge.
Thank you! I really appreciate your comment. The kitty could make any project adorable!
You’ve done a great job with this little kitten! Love your interactive card. Thanks for joining us over at the Creative Challenge of Sparkle N Sprinkle.
Thank you so much! 💜
My first time seeing your work. I am impressed, I love any card that moves or has a new type fold. Thank you for the directions and I will b trying this card very soon.
I’m so happy to hear that, Diane! I hope you do try it soon. I have lots of fun fold tutorials, too 🙂 The mechanism I used for this kitty card I altered and used to make some meerkats pop out of their burrows!! If you are interested in that one —> http://laurascraftcloset.com/2020/02/08/meerkat-pull-up-card/ Happy Crafting!