Paper Pumpkin Alternatives – Grown with Kindness Feb 2019 Succulents
Hey Crafties! It’s time for the February 2019 Paper Pumpkin Alternatives!
It’s no secret I highly recommend Paper Pumpkin subscriptions to all people who are interested in paper-crafting, no matter what the level of “expertise!” All-inclusive means just that — papers, stamps, inks, embellishments, adhesives, and instructions!
This previous month, I REALLY liked the kit. I’ve filled my apartments with succulents since the day I moved out on my own, so these beautiful papers and stamps made me smile and I couldn’t wait to start creating. I made a few of the cards as suggested:
But I couldn’t stop there. Here are a few of the alternatives I created with the papers within the kit:
While the paper pumpkin kits are all-inclusive to make many projects (I even have an entire sheet of labels to use for more!), including some of these alternatives, I often like to make alternatives using a few more basic supplies. These supplies can stretch your kit even further.
Steps to create the windowpane succulent card:
1. Cut your Cardstock:
- Fresh Fig 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″, folded in half.
- Mint Macaron 5 1/4″ x 4 1/8″
- Gray Granite 5 1/8″ x 4″
- Succulent photo (from kit) at 1 1/4″ and 2 1/2″, so you end up with three “panes”
2. Stamp the sentiment using the fresh fig pad in the kit at the top of the 3rd pane.
3. Adhere your elements.
- Succulent window panes to the gray granite, gray granite to the mint macaron.
4. Tie white twine (from the kit) around the mint macaron layers and adhere it all to the fresh fig card base.
Basic Supplies used for these alternatives:
I’m playing along with the following challenges:
- Make My Monday Challenge – #91 Something New
- Through the Craft Room Door – Anything Goes
- Lemon Shortbread – #89 Anything Goes
I hope these paper pumpkin alternatives inspired you to create something today. If you like to gain inspiration with paper pumpkin alternatives, look around at these:
Are you a paper pumpkin fan, too? I’d love to hear from you. Comment below, and Happy Crafting!