How Sweet It Is Valentine's Day Card!
I like to make valentine’s day cards, but I don’t gravitate towards the romantic heart-filled creations. But candy?? Yess!! When I saw this stamp set with matching dies, I knew I’d be making some sweet cards for valentine’s day with it!
The matching specialty papers are perfect for this suite of stamps and dies! Sure the colors are fantastic, but I think they are fun and playful prints that just remind me of a candy shop!
Indulge your sweet tooth and create this candy card with me!
Steps to make this Sweet card:
- Cut your layers.
- Cut 8 1/2″ x 4 1/4″ from melon mambo cardstock and fold in half.
- Cut 5 1/4″ x 4″ from coastal cabana.
- Cut 5 1/8″ x 3 7/8″ from the striped designer series paper.
- Create the tag.
- Stamp the tag outline using versamark ink onto coastal cabana cardstock. Sprinkle with white embossing powder and heat emboss.
- Stamp the sentiment “Sweets for you” in melon mambo in the center of the tag.
- Create the jars.
- Stamp the jars on vellum paper using versamark ink and heat emboss with white embossing powder. Die cut the jars.
- Stamp candy outlines using gorgeous grape onto white cardstock. Color in using gorgeous grape, coastal cabana, and melon mambo. Die cut jars around candies.
PRO-TIP: Stamp the jar in versamark on the white cardstock prior to stamping the candies. This ensures the placement of the candy inside the jars!
- Use liquid glue along the edge of the vellum jars to attach to the white jars.
- Attach the designer series paper to the coastal cabana. Wrap 18″ twine around this, and adhere to the melon mambo card base.
- Adhere the tag using dimensionals over the twine.
- Adhere the jars using dimensionals or adhesive.
I’m playing along with the following challenges:
- Crafty Hazelnuts Patterned Paper Challenge
- Papercraft Challenges – Bright Colours
- Watercooler Wednesday – All About the Holidays
- Mod Squad Challenge – Use Multiple Images
This card was a lot of fun to make, and I hope you enjoyed it, too. Please let me know if you found the tutorial useful with a comment below.
Looking for a fun Valentine’s/Galentine’s Day? Check out this Lip Balm Holder!
Thanks, and Happy Crafting!!