Kick Butt Encouragement Card
Why a kick butt encouragement card? You are doing great today. And we can all use a little extra encouragment in our lives.
I’ve found that it’s those moments where I need a little extra push, it’s most important for me to remind friends in my life how strong they are. So I sat down to make a few cards.
I was needing a bit of inspiration, but when I pulled out the Enjoy Life stamp set, I knew which stamps I wanted to include.
I love this Enjoy Life set!
Here’s how to make this quick card for your favorite people who might need a little reminder that they can kick some butt today:
Steps to create a Kick Butt Encouragement Card:
- Cut Poppy Parade Cardstock to 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″. Fold in half.
- Cut Watercolor Paper to 4″ x 5 1/4″.
- Lightly sprinkle Brusho crystals to make a background.
- Spritz water over the crystals and tilt the colored water over your paper until you achieve the look you want. I attempted to make mine look like a sunrise using three different colors.
- Let dry completely (super important!).
- Stamp the grasses and the person using Staz-on ink in Tuxedo Black.
- Adhere the watercolor paper to the poppy parade card base.
- Unfortunately, the sentiment isn’t as simple as stamping and cutting apart. But I’ll let you know the secret: Masking! Take a post it note, cover the words you don’t want stamped, and ink as usual. Remove the post it note, and stamp onto a Poppy Parade scrap.
- Repeat this for all three lines of the sentiment, leaving space between each line.
- Punch out using the classic label punch (or a corner rounder will achieve a similar result).
- Adhere the three lines using dimenstionals.
I’m playing along with the following challenges:
- Stinkin Inkers Challenges – Just Because
- Crafts Galore Encore Challenges – November Anything Goes
- Happy Little Stampers November Watercolour Challenge
- Just Keep on Creating – November Anything Goes Challenge
So easy, yet so pretty and a great reminder. I hope this quick tutorial encourges you to pick out some fun stamps and kick some butt. And maybe send a little encouragement to someone who needs to hear it.
Need another encouragement card? Layered Oak Tree Encouragement Card – Joy of Sets
Awesome! We definitely need more cards like this in life! Great job!
I agree! I’m trying to make and send more cards that aren’t specifically for a holiday, but for those times when happy mail can really give a boost. 😊 Thanks! 🙌🏼
A fabulous motivational card, Laura. Great image and fun sentiment on a lovely Brusho background. Thank you for sharing your project with us at the Crafts Galore Encore “Anything Goes” November Challenge. Good Luck and hope to see you again next month!
Carole x DT Craftilicious Creations
Thank you, Carole! It was fun to make, and I look forward to your December challenge!
Gorgeous background for your silhouette image and sentiment. Thanks for joining the Stinkin’ Inkers challenge.
Thank you! I enjoy creating backgrounds with these powders 😊 Glad you like it!
Such a gorgeous background! Really a great encouragement card – love that sentiment too! Thanks so much for joining us this month at Happy Little Stampers Watercolor Challenge!
Thank you! I agree; That sentiment is really something! I’m sad to see HLS shop closing up, but glad the blog and challenges will continue 😊
I absolutely love this card, a very hopeful image that would make anyone feel motivated, I love the beautiful colours as well that add so much depth to this card.Thanks so much for sharing your creation at the
November 2018 Anything goes link-up at Just Keep On Creating.
Thank you so much, Susan! That was definitely the feeling I was hoping for!😊