Halloween AND shaker cards?? Yes please!
I really feel good after making a shaker card. They are just so interactive that adults and kids enjoy them.
Let me show you what I did to make this spiderweb shaker card!
- Sequins and glitter for inside of the shaker
- Glow-in-the-dark Embossing Powder
- Halloween sentiment stamp
1. Place your spiderweb over your marbled paper (4″ x 5 1/4″) and trace the outline. Cut out with your craft knife.
2. Adhere a window sheet to the back of your marbled paper to cover the hole. Stick foam adhesive strips around the hole, and add sequins and glitter. Peel off the backing for the foam strips and adhere the same size (4″ x 5 1/4″) orange cardstock over it.
3. Flip the shaker over (shake and test it of course!) and glue your spiderweb die-cut on the front of the window sheet.
4. Stamp your halloween sentiment on a scrap of black cardstock and emboss with the glow-in-the-dark embossing powder (I LOVE this stuff!), and adhere it to the front of the card.
5. Cut your black card stock to 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ and fold in half. Glue your shaker to your black card front.
I am playing along with the following challenges:
- Try it on Tuesday – Trick or Treat…It’s Halloween
- Unicorn Challenge – Halloween
- Crafting By Designs – Boo Scare Me Challenge
- That’s Crafty! Challenge – Spookalicious
- City Crafter Challenge – Blog Week 434 Halloween
- Papercraft Challenges – Diecuts/Punches
I promise shaker cards are easy! If you want to check out a few of my other shaker tutorials with more pictures, click on the pictures below! There are a few ways to make shaker cards and I describe the process for these!
I hope this tutorial inspired you in your halloween card-making! For more halloween goodness, check out these tutorials below and my Instagram!
Happy Halloween Crafting!