Spooky Halloween Card using the Stampin Up Sheltering Tree set!
I believe you can make great holiday cards from your “everyday” stamps.
Recently, I used the Beautiful You stamp set from Stampin Up to make a fabulous halloween card. And you can bet I’ll be posting more halloween ideas for the next couple of weeks, so I hope you hit the follow button if you haven’t already!
This is yet another example of using everyday stamps for great holiday cards:
Using the Sheltering Tree stamp and the grass from the Enjoy Life set, I was able to make a spooky halloween card, and this card turned out spookier than I expected!
- Cut the black cardstock in half to 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ and fold in half for your card base.
- Cut a 4″ x 1″ strip and reserve for later.
- Cut the white cardstock to 5 1/4″ x 4″.
- Stamp the grass from the Enjoy Life set on the white piece in black, and heat emboss. Stamp and emboss your halloween sentiment, too.
- Sponge a few smudges of Berry Burst on the white piece, over the embossed grass and sentiment, then sponge Gorgeous Grape over the pink.
- Stamp your sheltering tree (without the leaves of course!) in black.
- Adhere the black strip below the grass, and adhere the ribbon over it and around the back.
- Adhere stamped piece to the black card base. Add bat stickers (or stamp them)!
I’m playing along with the following challenges:
- Unicorn Challenge – Autumn Halloween
- Cards in Envy – Something Spooky
- Dragonfly Journeys – #128 Halloween
- Papercraft Challenges – Anything Goes/ Optional Halloween or Fall
I hope this halloween tutorial inspired you! I’d love to hear your thoughts!