You read that title right.
When I buy stamp sets, I like to look at all of the possibilities to use each of the stamps. To get the most out of my supplies. Halloween is my favorite holiday (I have already decorated!), so my brain quickly asks, “Can I use this for a halloween project?”
When the Beautiful You stamp set (with the coordinating Life Events set) arrived, I was excited about all of the wedding, pregnancy, birthday, and encouragment cards and projects I could make for the beautiful women in my life. So many possibilities!
But then I thought about changing her hat. And the DSP with witches hats! Of course, she could be a beautiful witch! With a dark dress, a tall hat, and a green tint to her skin, her power became so dark!!
While this card is made with mostly Stampin Up supplies, I really wanted a chandelier for my witch! If you also missed out on their set from last years catalog (I have to stop second-guessing what I want!), here is a fantastic substitution that I fell in love with:
If you want to make this card, I wrote out a handy-dandy Thursday Tutorial!
1. Cut your cardbase from black cardstock (1/2 of the 8 1/2″ x 11″) and fold in half.
2. Cut your Halloween DSP to 5 1/4″ x 4″.
3. Cut 2 banners from Pumpkin Pie and Granny Apple Green cardstock. Tip: If you don’t have a banner punch, snip down the center about 1/2″. Then snip from the corners to meet the end of your cut.
4. Die cut your chandelier from black cardstock.
5. Stamp the woman twice:
- Once onto your white cardstock
- Die cut using the Stitched Shapes Die.
- Using the sea foam stampin write marker, color the witches skin.
- Once onto a scrap of your halloween DSP (whatever pattern you want her dress to be.)
- Fussy cut out the dress from your halloween DSP.
- Glue it onto the white dress.
- Fussy cut out the hat from your DSP and glue it to cover the original hat.
6. Stamp your favorite halloween sentiment on the Pumpkin Pie banner.
7. Adhere your DSP to your black card base, and your banners over the DSP toward the bottom of the card.
8. Using fine-tip glue, adhere the chandelier towards the top of the card.
9. Use dimensionals to pop up the witch on the bottom right over the banners.
10. Add rhinestones or pearl accents for fabulous flair.
I created these cards to play along with these challenges:
- Sparkles Challenges – Dies or Punches
- CAS Colours & Sketches – Colour
- Always Fun Challenges – Fall Colors
- HLS Anything Goes with Dies – September
I hope you like this tutorial to use an all occasion stamp set and use it for a fabulous halloween card. Happy Crafting!