Interactive Truck Card…with Moving Food Truck!
A neighbor friend is opening a bistro in the area this month, complete with food trucks! We all couldn’t be more excited, and I knew I wanted to make an Interactive Truck card to congratulate her!
One of the best advantages of creating your own cards is the ability to personalize cards specifically for your recipient and the occassion.
I couldn’t help myself but to personalize this card and create a scene behind the food truck with houses next to the new bistro, a mighty tree, and a gorgeous lake. Yes, it’s an amazing place!
When the tab is pulled, the muffin truck “drives” to the other end of the card, and backs up when the tab is returned.
Do you wanna know how this Interactive Truck Card works? Make it!
- Create your scene on a 5 1/4″ x 4″ piece of white cardstock.
- On the back of your scene, draw lines 1/2″ from your short edges and 3/4″ from the bottom as shown below. Cut ONLY on the red lines using a paper trimmer.
- Cut a 3/4″ strip of plastic packaging (mine was from my most recent die cut set…nothing goes to waste!), insert it through the holes and adhere the ends together on the back using glue dots. The plastic strip should be able to slide freely. Move the point of connection to the opposite end of where the truck will be “parked.”
- On a scrap piece of white cardstock, stamp and color your truck. Using dimensionals, adhere the truck to the plastic on the front of the card (ensure this is still the opposite end from where the plastic ends meet on the back).
- Cut a 3/4″ x 3 1/2″ piece of cardstock for your tab, and punch the end (or just write “pull” on it). Adhere the tab to the plastic on the back at just the far end, so it can be pulled out and stop at the end.
- Using foam adhesive strips, create a channel on the back of your card around the pull tab, as well as around the edges. Go ahead– pull the tab and make sure your mechanism works.
- Adhere to a 5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″ card base.
I used FIVE different Stampin Up sets on this card! That might be a new record for me. Some new, some retired, some only available for a short time, but all still fantastic! One of my favorite things about stamps is that you can use them over and over! If I like a set, I try not to worry about when I’ll have the “perfect” occassion to use it…I’ll have fun and use it!
If you are interested in making this interactive truck card or a similar card, other supplies you will need are listed below.
I’m playing along with the following challenges:
- Cute N Crafty Challenge – Sweet Treats
- Sweet Stampin’ Challenge Blog – Travel
- Moving Along with the Times – For the Boys
Wanna create more interactive cards? Take a peek at this Pop-up Nautical Lighthouse Card or Kitty Celebrates Card: the Best Day Ever Interactive Card!
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial for interactive cards! I do a happy dance for every comment, so please let me know how you would personalize this card for your recipient or if you tried making this card!