Window Wedding Card — From Basic to Extra!
Hey Crafties!! How about a quick window wedding card today? Some pastels and some delicate vellum pair nicely with an embossed wedding dress.
But it’s the window that takes the card from basic to extra.
See below for how to quickly create this Window Wedding Card.
How-to create a Window Wedding Card:
- Cut your cardstock.
- Pink 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ for cardbase. Scrap (1″ x 3/4″) for sentiment on front
- Very Vanilla 4″ x 5 1/4″ for the inside, 3 1/2″ x 2 1/2″ for the window frame
- Vellum 4″ x 5 1/4″ for the front
- Fold your 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ pink cardstock in half.
- On the inside Vanilla piece, stamp the wedding dress with versamark and sprinkle with gold embossing powder. Heat until it melts.
- Using blushing bride ink, stamp the inside sentiment below the dress.
- On the small pink scrap, stamp “congratulations” with versamark ink and sprinkle with gold embossing powder. Heat until it melts.
- To create the window:
- Place (but don’t adhere yet) your vellum AND the small vanilla piece towards the top top of the pink front (card open!). Using the 2nd largest Stitched Shapes Framelits, run these 3 layers through your machine to cut the windows.
- Take the small vanilla piece again and run it through your machine again with the largest Stitched Shapes Framelits. This creates the frame for the window.
- Dry emboss your vellum.
- Adhere the ribbon around the front of the vellum.
- With your favorite adhesive, attach your Congratulations sentiment on top of the ribbon.
- Adhere your pieces!
- Adhere the vanilla piece with the dress to the inside.
- Using glue dots, attach the embossed vellum to the front of the card. Be careful to line up the windows.
- Adhere the vanilla window frame over the vellum.
This week I’m playing along with the following challenges:
- Back to Basics and Beyond Challenges – Use an Embossing Folder
- Pause Dream Enjoy Challenges – Stitched Dies
- Watercooler Challenges – Anything Goes, Feminine
I hope this tutorial was helpful! If you are looking for other wedding card ideas, check out this colorful creation!
Delicate colours and embossing love the detail, thank you for joining us at BBB.
Thank you 🙂 Wedding cards can be tricky for me since I naturally gravitate towards bright colors, so I appreciate your words!
Great card Laura. Love how that window ups the ante on your card. Any bride would be proud to receive this card. Thanks for playing with us this week at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge.
Aww! Thanks 😊 I hope you are right! 💍
Lovely card. Thank you for joining the challenge at Pause Dream Enjoy. Hope to see you again next time.
I appreciate that 😊 Thank you, and I’m excited for the next challenge!
Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at Pause Dream Enjoy Challenges.
Your card is wonderful! Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge!
Thanks, Kathryn! There are so many creative entries to the challenge!!
What a gorgeous, exquisite creation, Laura! I have not embossed on vellum for ages! Thank you for the inspiration. Thanks for uploading your fabulous creation to Back to Basics and Beyond Challenges. I hope we will see more of your artwork in our future challenges. Be sure to check back later to see if you have won!
Crafty hugs, de
Thank you Donna! This is my first time playing in the Back to Basics Challenges, and I just love the concept and the inspiration! Excited for the next one!
Such a pretty wedding card! Thank you for joining us at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge – Charlotte/Lady Joyful, DT
Thank you Charlotte! 😊