Holiday cards are magical. Lots of beautiful winter scenes, snow, candy, red and green ornaments, and of course glitter.
I’ve created a lot of these holiday cards this season. But they can start to run together.
Want to make a card that stands out from the crowd? Maybe stands out on one foot from the crowd??
Try this flamingo card!
Easy steps to create this holiday flamingo card:
- Fold 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ Cherry Cobbler cardstock in half. Adhere on 4″ x 5 1/4″ holiday designer series paper (this one from the November 2018 Paper Pumpkin kit).
- On a scrap of white cardstock, stamp the flamingo outline, and stamp the lightest color (mango melody) for the fill, and stamp the darkest (cherry cobbler) for the highlights. Fussy cut out, and adhere to the left side of the card.
- Die cut “Falala” from both the Red Glimmer Paper and from Cherry Cobbler. Adhere these together with a slight off-set. Cut a 1″ banner from cherry cobbler and write “mingo” on it. Adhere both to the card in the lower right corner.
- Adhere a 2″ strand of the gold thread to the upper right corner, leaving enough room for the bulbs. Punch 4 bulbs from the red glimmer paper, and 4 bulb threads from the copper glimmer paper, and glue them together before adhereing them over the thread using dimensionals.
I think this card is an excellent way to use the stamps you have and see how versatile they can be. I fully support creativity and sometimes trying something less than traditional can yield a great result!
With this card, I’m playing along with the following challenges:
- Crafty Gals Corner – Anything Christmas Goes
- The House That Stamps Built – D1218 TicTacToe (Sparkle, Red, Winter Holiday)
- Simon Says – Warm Winter Wishes
- SUO Challenges – Anything Christmas #212
Did you make any holiday cards using something not normally associated with the season? I’d love to see it! Comment below or Check out our Facebook Page and post your festive card! I can’t wait to see your cards! Happy Crafting!