Sponged With Lavender Love Card Paper Pumpkin Alternative January 2024
This Sponged With Lavender Love Card is a Paper Pumpkin Alternative created using extra pieces in the January 2024 Lovely Lavender kit. Sponging coordinating color in the background makes your featured elements pop!
I love changing up the kits — creating things different than the intended projects! I kept this alternative simple and, as a bonus, used up some of the extra pieces included in the kit.
Want to save these ideas for later? Pin them to your favorite Pinterest board.
Normally you don’t need to add additional supplies to the kit, so these kits are a great option for beginner stampers. But for those of us with rooms full, it’s a great opportunity to partner with other materials we have!
To get even more out of your paper pumpkin kits, you could change up the colors, ribbons, or cardstock and make them all for different occasions! You could also pick one of these ideas: use an embossing folder, try a background stamp, give paper a little fold, or add some cardstock card bases.
See below for how to create a Sponged With Lavender Love Paper Pumpkin Alternative Card:
How to make this Sponged With Lavender Love Card:
Cut your cardstock:
- Basic White
- 8-1/2” x 5-1/2”, folded at 4-1/4” for your card base
- 5” x 3-3/4”
- Gorgeous Grape: 5-1/4” x 4”
Sponge a Purple Cloud:
- Ink up the “with” stamp with versamark and stamp it towards the left of your smaller white piece of cardstock. Sprinkle white embossing powder and tap off excess. Heat until the word turns shiny.
- Next, using a sponge dauber or a small sponge, dab the gorgeous grape ink. Then begin lightly dabbing in the center, right over your embossed word (this can be wiped off). Continue adding more ink to the cardstock until it’s as dark as you would like.
TIP: When sponging, it’s easier to add more color than to take any away.
Put it all together:
- Adhere the sponged piece to the gorgeous grape piece, and then adhere this to your card base.
- Using either the glue dots from the kit or a small amount of glue, adhere the “love” diecut below the embossed “with.”
- Lastly, tie a ribbon around two of the lavender diecuts and adhere them to the right side of your card.
Supplies for a Sponged With Lavender Love Card:
Thanks for joining me in my Craft Closet today! I hope you enjoyed learning how to make this card, and if you always want to be ahead of card making and crafty techniques, tips, and ideas, subscribe to my Stampin Newsletter !
How about making a few more card alternatives with previous Paper Pumpkin kits? Click on the images below to find the tutorials!