Pop Up Owl Card
A Pop up owl card is a fun way to let these adorable owls fly! With some pretty paper and cute stamps, this interactive fun-fold birthday card will help you celebrate.
Creating a pop-up is as easy as a fun-fold card, so I hope you don’t shy away from this card if you have a little courage. With an extra fold in your cardstock and a little clear Window Sheet material, it’s sure to make someone smile.
Whenever I make an interactive card like this, I try to keep the non-featured parts simple. Therefore the front of this card is a piece of DSP and a sentiment. But you can always brighten it up with a bold DSP like for this owl card!
See below for how to create this Pop Up Owl Card with the flying owl:
How to make a Pop Up Owl Card:
Cut your cardstock:
- Pool Party: 5-1/2” x 11”
- Cut into two 5 1/2” x 4 7/8” pieces
- Score on the shorter sides of each piece at 4 1/4”
- DSP for the front: 4” x 5-1/4”
- DSP for the inside: 2 pieces at 4-1/8” x 5-1/4”
- Basic White: Scraps for the owls
- Window Sheet: 3/4” x 2”
Make an Owl Fly:
- Adhere each of your inside DSP sheets to a Pool Party piece, butted up against the score mark.
- Stamp, color, and fussy-cut out an owl and a sentiment. Adhere these to the top of your window sheet strips using glue dots, ensuring they are within the size of the closed card. Attach the bottom of your window sheet strip to the (non-DSP side) flap of one of the Pool Party pieces.
- Next, apply tear tape along the entire flap, right over the window sheet strip. Then press the tear tape to the other Pool Party piece’s flap for them to adhere together.
Create your Card Front:
- Adhere your front DSP and add a few die-cuts from coordinating cardstock.
- Lastly, stamp and color another owl. OOh his bow-tie can match! Fussy-cut the owl out and adhere it to the front.
If you would prefer a video showing how to make this type of pop-up card, click here! I used pansies to bloom and pop up!
Supplies for a Pop Up Owl Card:
Thanks for joining me in my Craft Closet today! I hope you enjoyed learning how to make this card. Subscribe to my Stampin Newsletter and get notified about FREE online craft classes, tutorials, freebies, and more! (It’s FREE!)
How about making a few similar fun-fold projects? Click on the images below to find the tutorials!