Sunburst Vellum Heart Valentine Card
See below how to make this Sunburst Vellum Heart Valentine Card. I used the new Favored Flowers Sale-a-Bration DSP for the pattern on the floating heart!
For the heart, I chose to use vellum — I love this often overlooked paper because not only is it semi-opaque so you can see through it, but it’s also thin enough to be easy to work with!
When I added the DSP to the vellum, it became a cute feature in non-traditional romantic colors.
Did I mention this DSP is double-sided? That makes it twice as easy to put coordinating patterns together on your heart!
This heart has a sunburst pattern, but you can also make these “floating features” with other shapes! See this tutorial for a Floating Sunset that’s great for a hello or for a retirement card.
See below for how to create a Sunburst Vellum Heart Valentine:
How to make a Sunburst Vellum Heart Valentine Card:
Cut your cardstock:
- Fresh Freesia: 8-1/2” x 5-1/2”, folded at 4-1/4”
- Pattern DSP: 4” x 5-1/4”
- Basic Black: 3-1/4” x 4-3/4” (or use a Stiched Rectangle Die)
Stamp, Emboss, and Adhere:
- Using Versamark ink, stamp your sentiment in the bottom right corner of your black cardstock. Then sprinkle white embossing powder on it, shake off the excess, and heat until shiny.
- Next, glue this piece to your DSP layer, and that to your Fresh Freesia card base.
Create your Sunburst Vellum Heart:
- Fussy-cut or die-cut a large heart from Vellum.
- With 5 coordinating DSPs, cut into 4” x 1-1/2” strips, cut diagonally long-ways into triangles
- Next, adhere down each triangle onto the vellum heart, with the narrow end to the left and wide end to the right. Leave a small margin between each strip.
- Trim the DSP that overhangs the heart from the back, and lastly use dimensionals to attach the heart to your card.
Supplies for a Sunburst Vellum Heart Valentine:
Thanks for joining me in my Craft Closet today! I hope you enjoyed learning how to make this card. Subscribe to my Stampin Newsletter and get notified about FREE online craft classes, tutorials, freebies, and more! (It’s FREE!)
How about making a few similar valentine’s projects? Click on the images below to find the tutorials!