Double Z Fold Overlay Silly Goose Card Paper Pumpkin Alternative
Want to make a Paper Pumpkin alternative that’s also a fun fold? This Double Z Fold Overlay card pairs the new Silly Goose stamp set and the December 2022 Paper Pumpkin kit for a congrats card with a hidden goose!
Paper Pumpkin kits are fantastic for craft newbies, as they are all-inclusive and can also allow you to let your creativity expand when you make alternatives.
Really want to add a stamp set or a coordinating card stock? Do it! You can elevate your monthly kits while simultaneously making the cards you need!
When this card is closed, the front goose overlays the hidden back goose, but when it opens all of the geese are shown for a great congrats card!
See below for how to create this Paper Pumpkin alternative:
How to make a Silly Goose Double Z Overlay Card:
Cut your cardstock:
- Calypso Coral
- Cardbase: 4-1/4” x 11”, scored at 2-3/4” and 5-1/2”
- Bridge Band: 1-3/4” x 11”, scored at 5-1/2” and 8-1/4”
- Blushing Bride
- 2 pieces: 4” x 2-1/2”. Stamp “You Did It” at the top of one. Adhere each to the small cardbase panes.
- Inside: 4” x 5-1/4”. Stamp “Congrats” at the top left. Adhere to the third panel.
Create the Z-fold:
- Next, cut the Striped DSP band from the Paper Pumpkin Kit longways down the center at 1-1/2”. Cut into a 4” piece, and 2 pieces 2-1/2” each. Adhere to your Calypso Coral Bridge Band.
- Ensuring the Z fold is “reverse” of your card base (long part of the band is on the front), glue the down to your cardbase. I find the easiest way to do this is to fold is and apply adhesive to the back so it’s just on the two ends.
Stamp and Overlay your Geese:
- Stamp your geese and color them. Then fussy-cut them out.
- Lastly, adhere one of your geese to the “inside” on the right, and close the card. Adhere the other geeese to the front with the goose head overlaid with the inside goose.
Supplies for this Double Z Fold Overlay Card:
Thanks for joining me in my Craft Closet today! I hope you enjoyed learning how to make this card. Subscribe to my Stampin Newsletter and get notified about FREE online craft classes, tutorials, freebies, and more! (It’s FREE!)
How about making a few more Paper Pumpkin alternative fun-fold cards? Click on the images below to find the tutorials!