Black and Gold New Years Card
Celebrate the upcoming year with this Black and Gold New Years Card! 2023 is given the star treatment with gold foil, diecuts, and foil paper!
I love sending New Years cards… especially if the holiday season was more hectic than anticipated and those cards didn’t get out in time!
The new year deserves to be given special attention and welcomed in with gold and shine.
Likewise, I decided to die-cut the year out of gold foil! It pops against the foiled DSP for the space it deserves.
Why not make a resolution to make one to send?
See below for how to create a Black and Gold New Years Card:
How to make a Black and Gold New Years Card:
Cut your cardstock:
- Basic Black: 4-1/4” x 11”, folded at 5-1/2”
- Gold Foil: 4” x 5-1/4”, plus a 1” strip for the sentiment and scraps for diecuts
- Foil DSP: 3-3/4” x 5”
Stamp and Die-Cut:
- Using Staz-on ink, stamp the cheers sentiment on the strip of gold foil. Cut one end into a banner edge.
- Next, die-Cut the numbers for the year from the gold foil scraps.
TIP: To stamp on foil, use Staz-On ink! This will allow it to dry on the non-porous surface.
Put it all together:
- Adhere your DSP to the gold foil piece. Then adhere your sentiment strip flush to the right edge and the numbers above that.
- Lastly, adhere this to your black card base.
Supplies for a New Years Card:
Thanks for joining me in my Craft Closet today! I hope you enjoyed learning how to make this card. Subscribe to my Stampin Newsletter and get notified about FREE online craft classes, tutorials, freebies, and more! (It’s FREE!)
How about making a few similar projects with gold accents? Click on the images below to find the tutorials!