Santa Snow Shaker Card Paper Pumpkin Alternative
What’s a christmas card without a little snow? Make this Santa Snow Shaker Card as an alternative project with your October 2022 Paper Pumpkin kit!
This kits arrive with EVERYTHING you need to complete a number of projects, so it’s a great option for beginner stampers or busy crafters who like when everything arrives ready to make!
When I saw the exclusive stamp set that arrived in this Ho Ho Ho kit, I was so happy! The Santa sleigh and reindeer silhouette is useful in so many ways, but I know I wanted to add some snow.
Adding snow can be done with stamps and ink, or a few embellishments, or even some wink of Stella! These are all great choices and can make a holiday card look fantastic!
Additionally, adding snow can be done by making a shaker card where the “snow” can actually shake around! Of course this is what I chose for this card, ha ha — I LOVE shakers. (Click here to see the tutorials of a few other shakers I’ve made).
See below for how to create a Santa Snow Shaker Card:
How to make this Santa Snow Shaker Card with your October 2022 Paper Pumpkin kit:
Stamp your elements:
- With the blue card base in the kit, repeatedly stamp “ho ho ho” with the included ink for a fun background.
- Next, stamp the Santa sleigh silhouette at the top of the starry die-cut. Adhere this to the center of your card front.
- Use the same included ink to stamp the sentiment on the die-cut with subtle blue stitching and set this aside.
Make the Snow Shaker:
- Cut your window sheet to the size of the white square outline (approximately 3-1/8” x 3-1/2”). Stick them together with glue dots. Trim to fit.
- On the back of this window sheet, apply strips of foam adhesive strips.
- Sprinkle some sequins and/or glitter in the center of the santa piece. Then pull off the adhesive covers on the foam adhesive strips and press down over the santa piece.
TIP: When making a shaker card, apply foam adhesive strips with the corners touching and overlapping. This keep your sequins and glitter inside the shaker!
Add some details:
- Adhere the red striped die-cut to the bottom of your shaker element. Then add your stamped sentiment above it.
- Lastly, add a few snowflakes using glue dots.
Supplies for a Paper Pumpkin alternative — Santa Snow Shaker Card:
Thanks for joining me in my Craft Closet today! I hope you enjoyed learning how to make this card, and if you always want to be ahead of card making and crafty techniques, tips, and ideas, subscribe to my Stampin Newsletter !
How about making a few similar holiday Paper Pumpkin alternative projects? Click on the images below to find the tutorials!