Fall Leaves Flap Card
Autumn is here, so I made a Fall Leaves Flap Card! Fold open the flap to remove the multi-colored leaves and enjoy this fun fold card, and check out the steps to make one here.
Nothing says autumn like leaves literally falling off of the trees. Similarly, the leaves on this card fold away to reveal a tree underneath!
While sponging fall colors onto your stamp is fun, it’s also unique every time you stamp! Your tree can be in any part of it’s transition as you’d like. Bright red leaves? Sure! Lots more yellow and orange? OK!
I suggest using a stamparatus when sponging multiple colors onto the leaves. This gives you the ability to restamp your image in the event you don’t get a good impressions the first time, to add more color, and to change up where the yellow and red inks meet to make orange leaves.
See below for how to create a Falling Leaves Flap Card:
How to make a Falling Leaves Flap Card:
Cut your cardstock:
- Crushed Curry
- 8-1/2” x 5-1/2”, folded at 4-1/4”
- 1” x 6” for the flap
- DSP with fall leaves: 4” x 5-1/4”. Adhere this to your card front.
- Basic White
- 1-3/4” x 5-1/4”
- Scraps to stamp tree trunk and leaves
Stamp stamp stamp:
- On the white strip, stamp your sentiment with Poppy Parade ink at the bottom. Adhere this to the center of the DSP on your card front.
- Using your stamparatus, stamp the tree trunk with black ink. Then sponge Crushed Curry and Poppy Parade on the large leaves stamp and stamp down. If you didn’t get enough color, you can sponge and stamp again. Cut or die-cut out. Adhere this to your card front.
- Next, use the stamparatus to stamp the small leaves stamp using sponged Crushed Curry and Poppy Parade inks. I stamped and die-cut 3 of these and put them to the side.
Create Leaves Flap:
- After deciding where you want the leaves on your tree, glue them to the end of the Crushed Curry strip of cardstock. Fold it over the right edge of the card and adhere it to the inside of your card.
- Lastly, cover the flap on the inside using a piece of white cardstock and a strip of extra DSP.
Supplies for a Falling Leaves Fun Fold Flap Card:
Thanks for joining me in my Craft Closet today! I hope you enjoyed learning how to make this card. Subscribe to my Stampin Newsletter and get notified about FREE online craft classes, tutorials, freebies, and more! (It’s FREE!)
How about making a few similar projects? Click on the images below to find the tutorials!