A Z-Fold Slit Card with Pomegranates
A Z-fold slit card with Pomegranates hanging over the fun folds shows off not only the stamps, but also the designer series paper! I wrote out how to make this card with the measurements here.
Thankfully, many fun fold cards are easy to make! If you are worried about “ruining your good paper,” consider using other paper to create a template the first time you make a specific folded card.
TIP: For fun-fold cards, consider making a “template” first out of other paper to write out your measurements!
Another way to make a z-fold card is in “landscape” mode, which I show how to make in this post.
This stamp set is so fun and only available during Sale-a-bration! If you love fruit like I do, hurry before it’s gone.
See below for how to create a Z-fold slit card using the new Perfect Pomegranate host stamp set:
How to make a Z-Fold Slit Card with Pomegranates:
Cut your cardstock:
- Old Olive
- 8-1/2” x 5-1/2”, scored at 4 1/4”
- On short side, cut a slit at 2-1/8” from 2-1/8” to 6-3/8”
- Turn your cardstock lengthwise and score at 2-1/8” from the bottom to meet the cut slit. Score at 6-3/8” from the top to the slit.
- Fold on the score lines as shown.
- Designer Series Paper
- 2 pieces of coordinating paper 4” x 5-1/4”
- Cut a 2” x 3-1/4” from the bottom left corner of your front DSP
- Cut a 2” x 2” from the upper left corner of your inside DSP
- Adhere these pieces of DSP to your card base as shown.
- Using Blackberry Bliss ink, stamp a couple large pomegranates and one of the duos. Fussy cut these out.
- With Old Olive ink, stamp a couple of the large leaf branches and a small leaf. Fussy cut these out. A craft knife can make this a bit easier.
- Lastly, stamp a pomegranate with Petal Pink ink, and stamp a sentiment in the center of it with Blackberry Bliss ink before fussy cutting it out.
Plant some pomegranates:
- First glue your pink pomegranate to the inside of the card on the right side so that it shows through when closed.
- Then adhere your branches and lastly the pomegranates so that they hang over the edge of your card when it is opened up.
Supplies for a Z-Fold Slit Pomegranate Card:
Thanks for joining me in my Craft Closet today! I hope you enjoyed learning how to make this card. Subscribe to my Stampin Newsletter and get notified about FREE online craft classes, tutorials, freebies, and more! (It’s FREE!)
How about making a few similar fun fold projects? Click on the images below to find the tutorials!