Emboss Resist Lovely and Lasting Card
This Emboss Resist Lovely and Lasting Card has a subtle color palette with it’s bold flowers and sentiment. I wrote out the steps here!
While I always think I “have enough flower stamps,” I loved this Lovely and Lasting bundle with not only some non-floral matching stamps but also the punch! I couldn’t resist!
And bonus, this bundle includes a punch! Punches make crafting fast! No other equipment is needed and making multiples is a snap.
Adding in a colorful emboss resist technique is a perfect pairing with the flowers.
Notably I used colors from the Subtle color family, which if you have been crafting with me for any length of time know that these colors are not the first I grab. No matter what color palette you choose, this card is a great way to say thank you.
See below for how to create an emboss resist Lovely and Lasting card:
How to make this Lovely and Lasting Card:
Cut your cardstock:
- Highland Heather: 8-1/2” x 5-1/2”, scored and folded at 4-1/4”
- Mint Macaron: 5-1/4” x 2-1/2”
- Basic White
- 5” x 2-1/4”
Emboss Resist Tile Background:
- Using Versamark ink, stamp the tile stamp long-ways across the top of your white piece. Stamp the tiles 4 more times to cover the piece.
TIP: When stamping with Versamark on white cardstock, use a bright light to see where you stamped. It’ll be shiny!
- Sprinkle white embossing powder over the ink, tap off the excess, and heat until it’s shiny and hard.
- Next, use your blending brushes (or sponge daubers) to color your three ink colors (Highland Heather, Mint Macaron, and Pool Party) over the embossed tile image in small spots.
- Adhere this piece to your Mint Macaron piece, and adhere this to the left side of the card base.
- Using Highland Heather ink, stamp the flowers as well as the border and thank you sentiment on white cardstock.
- Then fussy-cut out the flowers, and punch out the sentiment.
- Lastly, use dimensionals to adhere these to the right side of your card base.
Supplies for an Emboss Resist Lovely and Lasting Card:
Thanks for joining me in my Craft Closet today! I hope you enjoyed created this Lovely and Lasting card with the emboss resist technique. Subscribe to my Stampin Newsletter and get notified about FREE online craft classes, tutorials, freebies, and more! (It’s FREE!)
How about making a few similar projects with embossing or ink blending? Click on the images below to find the tutorials!