The Sweetest Fruit Slimline Card Paper Pumpkin Alternative June 2022
The Sweetest Fruit Slimline Card is my first Paper pumpkin alternative from the June 2022 Pick of the Crop kit. With a few of the extra die-cuts and the stamps included in the kit, it’ll be a perfect thank you card!
Interestingly, the background of this slimline card is made with a tone-on-tone stamping technique that is subtle yet pretty.
This month, as most months, the kit has a generous number of extras. Therefore, even if you like to make the cards and projects as directed (I like to make a few!), you’ll still have plenty of leftovers. This Sweetest Fruit Slimline Card uses those leftovers.
Paper Pumpkin kits arrive once a month, and are something I definitely look forward to! With everything needed to make lots of projects, a stamp set, ink, and more, I enjoy opening up the box and digging right in!
See below for how to create this Paper Pumpkin Alternative from some of the extra pieces in the Pick of the Crop kit:
How to make the Sweetest Fruit Slimline Card:
Cut your cardstock:
- Night of Navy: 7” x 8 1/2”, scored at 3 1/2”
- Calypso Coral: 3” x 8”
- Basic White: 3” x 8”
- Using the Calypso Coral ink spot included in your kit, stamp “Hello” repeatedly on the Calypso Coral piece.
TIP: For a subtle background, consider repeatedly stamping a sentiment in the ink color of your cardstock! This creates a tone-on-tone effect.
- Adhere two of the fruit cutouts to the bottom of the Calypso Coral piece. Trim any excess that goes over the edges.
- Stamp a sentiment on the fruit pick, and adhere this to the coordinating vellum. Tie the linen around the bottom and secure it with a glue dot on the back and glue then it to your Calypso Coral piece.
- Next, glue this piece to your Night of Navy card base.
Create the inside of your card:
- Glue one of the strawberry/blueberry diecuts to the lower right corner of the white piece. Or you can stamp these with the included stamp set!
- Lastly, adhere your white piece to the inside of your card.
Supplies for the Sweetest Fruit Paper Pumpkin Alternative Slimline Card:
Thanks for joining me in my Craft Closet today! I hope you enjoyed learning how to make this card. Subscribe to my Stampin Newsletter and get notified about FREE online craft classes, tutorials, freebies, and more! (It’s FREE!)
How about making a few similar paper pumpkin alternative projects? Click on the images below to find the tutorials!