Olive Branch Sympathy Card with Shiny Olives
An Olive Branch Sympathy Card is an understated way to share peace and friendship with someone who needs it. Blend a few colors together to make this multicolored image and then use my technique to make the olives shiny and realistic!
Throughout history, the olive branch has been a symbol of peace, hope, and healing relationships.
Accordingly, making a card with an olive branch is perfect for a sympathy sentiment or for an apology and reconciliation.
The sentiment in the background isn’t the feature in order to let the olive branch be the star of the show.
Additionally, I used a fun and easy technique to make the olives shiny and a bit more realistic! See the tutorial I wrote below for how to do this!
Want to see more ways to use this versatile stamp set? Join my next class where we’ll use the Olive Branch set to create 3 more cards!
See below for how to create this Olive Branch Sympathy Card with the special technique to make the olives shiny:
How to make an Olive Branch Sympathy Card:
Cut your cardstock:
- Old Olive: 8 1/2” x 5 1/2”, scored at 4 1/4” for your cardbase
- Blackberry Bliss: 5 1/4” x 4”
- Very Vanilla: 5 1/8” x 3 7/8”
Stamp and Stamp again:
- With Basic Gray ink, stamp “sorry” on the Vanilla piece at an angle repeatedly to create your background.
- Next, put the olive branch stamp on a large block (or your Stamparatus). Flip it upside down so you can add ink with your blending brushes or sponges. Sponge Old Olive and Shaded Spruce ink on the stems and leaves. Then sponge Blackberry Bliss on the olives. Important: Now huff your breath on the stamp to keep the ink wet, and then stamp it down firmly in the middle of your Vanilla piece.
Make the olives realistic:
- Using the thin tip of the glue, create a thin line on the outside of each olive. Then proceed to fill in each olive with the glue using thin lines.
- LET THE OLIVES DRY. I let mine dry overnight!
- Lastly, attach your stamped piece to the Blackberry Bliss layer, and then attach that to the Old Olive cardbase.
TIP: To make a small image shiny, cover it with a small amount of glue and let it dry clear!
Supplies for an Olive Branch Sympathy Card:
For that shiny clear look, you may also try this for a similar effect:
Thanks for joining me in my Craft Closet today! I hope you enjoyed learning how to make this card. Subscribe to my Stampin Newsletter and get notified about FREE online craft classes, tutorials, freebies, and more! (It’s FREE!)
How about making a few similar projects? Click on the images below to find the tutorials!