Parakeet Party Pet Card with Monochromatic 2022-2024 InColor
Make a Parakeet Party Pet Card for your favorite cat or dog lover! With a monochromatic style using a 2022-2024 In-Color, remember to relish the day!
This is my third of five tutorials featuring the 2022-2024 In-Colors! To see Starry Sky, go here, and click here to see Sweet Sorbet! Subscribe and check back next week for the next featured In-Color and new free step-by-step instructions!
When I saw these stamps, I knew I needed to use this new green color with them! I once had an old chair with patterned upholstery in a fantastic green (anyone else??), and one of my cats claimed it as his own.
It’s such a great memory as well as a much-needed reminder to take time to relax and recharge those batteries. One of the ways I do this is with cardmaking — those feelings of relaxation that happen are just what many of us need.
TIP: An easy way to add texture to a card without overwhelming your featured image is to use an embossing folder!
See below for how to create this Parakeet Party Pet Card:
How to make a Parakeet Party Pet Card:
Cut your cardstock:
- Very Vanilla:
- 8 1/2” x 5 1/2”, folded at 4 1/4” for a card base
- Scraps for sentiment and pet
- Basic Gray:
- 4” x 5 1/4”
- 3 1/4” x 2 1/2”
- Parakeet Party:
- 3 3/4” x 5” — Dry emboss with the painted texture folder
- 3” x 2 1/4” (you’ll be stamping on this piece)
- Parakeet Party DSP: 4” x 1”
Stamp Stamp Stamp:
- On your smaller Parakeet Party piece, stamp your pet on the chair using Basic Gray ink. All three of the ones in this Sit Stay Relax stamp set fit, so choose your favorite!
- Next, stamp this chair again on a scrap of Very Vanilla. Fussy Cut out the cat or dog (I used an x-acto knife), and glue it carefully to the chair.
- On another scrap of Very Vanilla, stamp your sentiment. Die-cut it out or punch it out into a circle.
Assemble your Layers:
- Adhere the embossed Parakeet Party layer to the large Gray layer. Then adhere the DSP across the center of this. This layer can then be glued to your card base.
- Take your stamped piece (with the highlighted pet!) and attach it to your small Gray piece. Then adhere it at an angle on your card front. Your circle sentiment can then be applied in the upper left corner as shown.
- Lastly add a few gray dots for embellishment!
Supplies for a Parakeet Party Pet Card:
Thanks for joining me in my Craft Closet today! I hope you enjoyed learning how to make this card. Subscribe to my Stampin Newsletter and get notified about FREE online craft classes, tutorials, freebies, and more! (It’s FREE!)
How about making a few similar projects that highlight In-Colors? Click on the images below to find the tutorials!