Reverse GateFold Bird Card
This Reverse GateFold Bird Card stands up and wishes a happy birthday with beautiful papers. I wrote out the steps to create this fun fold card here.
I love fun fold cards, so of course when I saw this bundle was FREE during Sale-a-bration, it would be perfect to pair together to create one!
Together, these stamps match the designer series paper and make it easy to combine them in multiple combinations. I decided on the rainbow stripes and the Pool Party flowers to go with that bird.
An important part of my fun-folds is that my cards still fit inside an A2 envelope to mail! So when folded, this card will be about 5 1/2” x 4 1/8”, fitting perfectly with a tiny amount of extra space!
See below for how to create this Reverse Gatefold Bird Card:
How to make a Reverse Gatefold Card:
Cut your cardstock:
- Pool Party
- 8 1/2” x 5 1/2”, score and fold at 1 3/4”, 2 7/8”, 5 5/8”, 6 3/4”.
- Scrap for die-cut label behind bird
- Scrap for sentiment banner
- Gate Edges: (2) 1 1/2” x 5 1/4”
- Center: 2 1/2” x 5 1/4”
- Basic White: Scraps for Bird and Sentiment
- Vellum: Scrap for die-cut label behind bird
- Using black ink, stamp your bird on white cardstock. Color it in and fussy cut it out. Adhere it to the pool party die-cut, and then adhere that to your die-cut vellum label.
- Again using black ink, stamp the birthday sentiment on a 3/4” strip of white cardstock. Snip or punch the edges into a banner. Adhere this to an 1” strip of Pool Party cardstock. Snip or punch these edges into a banner as well.
Put it all together:
- Adhere your two DSP strips to either side of your reverse gatefold card.
- Next, adhere the other DSP piece to the center of your card.
- Lastly, stick your bird to the top of the center part of your card, and then stick your sentiment to the bottom. Be careful not to adhere either to the side flaps!
Supplies for a Reverse GateFold Bird Card:
TIP: TO MAKE A MATCHING STAMPIN’ UP ENVELOPE, CUT AND GLUE 2 1/4” X 6” OF DESIGNER SERIES PAPER TO THE FLAP.
Thanks for joining me in my Craft Closet today! I hope you enjoyed creating a birthday reverse gatefold card! Subscribe to my Stampin Newsletter for lots more craftiness!
Love making fun-fold cards as much as I do? Click on the images below to find these tutorials!