Halloween Knife Spinner Card
A Halloween Knife Spinner Card is perfect to send to those who love horror movies this month! When you open the card, the knife spins — scary!
Someone’s gonna get cut! Well, maybe just a paper cut, and those are terribly painful!
Conversely for this card, we’ll use the mirror-image technique for the knives! But if you want to skip that, you can by just die-cutting out a blank piece for the back of your stamped knife.
I hope you give it a try and create a fun halloween card!
See below for how to create this halloween knife spinner card:
How to make a Halloween Knife Spinner Card:
Cut your cardstock:
- Pumpkin Pie
- 8 1/2” x 5 1/2”, folded at 4 1/4” for your cardbase
- Scraps for sentiments
- Black Glitter Paper
- 4” x 5 1/4”
- Halloween DSP
- 3 7/8” x 5 1/8”
- Basic White
- Scraps for 2 knives
Stamp & Mirror-Image Technique:
- Using black ink, stamp each sentiment on a scrap of Pumpkin Pie cardstock. Then die-cut with the narrow stitched rectangles (I used the smallest and second smallest).
- Again using black ink, stamp the knife onto a scrap of Basic White Cardstock, and then die-cut it out.
- Easy MIRROR-IMAGE TECHNIQUE: With black ink, stamp the knife onto your silicone mat. Then, place a scrap of Basic White Cardstock over it and gently rub over your stamped image. Die-cut it out from the back. I find holding it up to the light to position the die works well.
TIP: To die-cut images without your paper moving, place a tiny piece of Washi tape over your die and paper before running it through your machine.
- Adhere the DSP to the Black Glitter layer. Lay this on top of the card front and die-cut the medium stitched rectangle all three layers. This may require a few runs through your die-cutting machine.
- Cut 6” of twine and adhere. Next, cover the back of one of your die-cut knives with glue and stick the twine down the center. Add a little more glue to the top of the twine and press the back of your other die-cut knife to the top.
- Apply adhesive to your card base, center your knives within the hole and press the twine down tight to the top and bottom.
- Adhere your DSP/Black Glitter layer on top of this, sandwiching the twine between. Lastly, add the sentiments!
TIP: Want a specific color of twine to coordinate? Use your matching markers to color it prior to adhering it down!
Supplies for a Halloween Knife Spinner Card:
Thanks for joining me in my Craft Closet today! I hope you enjoyed learning the Mirror-Image Technique. For more card-making and crafty techniques, tips, and ideas, subscribe to my Stampin Newsletter!
If you like making interactive cards, click on the images below to find more tutorials!